Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Brandished a few yellow cards - including KR! ... but I dont think the Walsall player who went in (deliberately?) on Eastwood didnt get a yellow? As for the the horrendous 'assault' on Fosu , shouldve been red?

Job to know if chalking off that offside 'goal' was the right call?

scrappyish game in very cold conditions

a mid-ish score of 4 from me

Gave me the impression of having a real aversion to giving any decision in our favour. Ignored a substitution shout from KR, quite blatantly. Booked KR for pointing out what everybody else had seen that, the ball had not gone out of play. Was just not impartial or balancesd in his bookings. Why he booked Hall is beyond me when he let far worse go unpunished.
The quite obvious, to us, arm thrown at Sykes he ignored as the Walsall player threw himself to the ground feigning a head injury! Tarique was, as usual, targetted but received little or nothing from the ref.

All in all, a 1.

Erratic on his production of yellow cards. As mentioned the late challenge on Eastwood and James Clarke somehow not getting booked for a challenge that was worse than ones he'd booked others for, nevermind his cynical off the ball trips and pulls. His booking of Dickie which wasn't a consideration until Gaffney started moaning at him.

And it wasn't a difficult game to manage but he seemed to struggle. Especially with their no.10 and his playacting over his non-existent "head injury".

Edit: forgot to mention the blatant obstruction by crouching over the ball by their forward that he allowed, with Oxford players pointing it out. The Walsall player then got up and he got challenged, so promptly fell over and the Ref gave them a free kick in a dangerous position.

Last edited:
Quite poor. A challenge from behind on Fosu that sent him sprawling was just a free kick, but the two yellows for Dickie and Hall were much less of a foul! The early challenge on Fosu was a yellow, not a red, so he got that one right. But frankly any time a Walsall player fell over it was a foul. I didn't really see enough of the Eastwood injury to have an opinion.
Not a dirty game, but he did have trouble managing what little there was. I have given him a 4, but think I am being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom