Home Match Day Thread 30/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Morecambe

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a ST holder, I buy one because it guarantees me a seat where I want to sit and first dibs on tickets for other games, not *just* because it saves me money. You are right in that if the total for a ST was higher than the total cost of home games bought singly over the course of the season I'd be a bit miffed, but unless that happens I say 'the more the merrier'! Use offers to encourage families, waverers, kids, students - every game is better with a bigger support and the more youngsters who get the habit, the more secure the future of the club.
I’d agree i would much rather a fuller stadium on most occasions than a half empty one plus hopefully get the new punters in on the cheaper tickets and in the long run they will buy ST

I’d agree i would much rather a fuller stadium on most occasions than a half empty one plus hopefully get the new punters in on the cheaper tickets and in the long run they will buy ST
I would hope so. The only thing I have against it, is to much of it and it will cost OUFC, but yes doing it throughout the season is a good idea

As a ST holder, I buy one because it guarantees me a seat where I want to sit and first dibs on tickets for other games, not *just* because it saves me money. You are right in that if the total for a ST was higher than the total cost of home games bought singly over the course of the season I'd be a bit miffed, but unless that happens I say 'the more the merrier'! Use offers to encourage families, waverers, kids, students - every game is better with a bigger support and the more youngsters who get the habit, the more secure the future of the club.

Nail on the head.

An empty seat generates £0.

The person buying a ST isn`t doing so to "save money" alone, there are additional benefits.

Nail on the head.

An empty seat generates £0.

The person buying a ST isn`t doing so to "save money" alone, there are additional benefits.
Some do buy STs to save money.
I don't think that you should be speaking for all ST holders.

Some do buy STs to save money.
I don't think that you should be speaking for all ST holders.

I wasn`t hence the inverted commas. 🤷‍♀️

As noted by @ZeroTheHero "I buy one because it guarantees me a seat where I want to sit and first dibs on tickets for other games, not *just* because it saves me money."

I have a season ticket for two reasons, firstly it’s a touch cheaper and I only pay once a year, but secondly and equally as important it took some 10 years to get the seat I wanted, three of us managed to get them around 6 years ago and I get to sit EXACTLY where I want to for league games plus every other Game we play at home, so unless a walk in payer is substantially cheaper than I pay I don’t give a hoot, the more the merrier and hopefully they make a noise.

For a long time now I think we would benefit from having a category system where by you have teams in bracket A,B and C.
Cat A games will be clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Sunderland, Wycombe where tickets aren’t hard to sell so you have them priced at the current price.
Cat B will be clubs like Lincoln, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and you make tickets a couple of quid cheaper.
Cat C is for games against teams like Morecambe, Accrington, Fleetwood where crowds aren’t massively high, it’s a little bit harder to convince people to buy tickets and so they are a couple of quid cheap still.

I like this idea, but surely it's a bit more complicated than this. Attendance can be affected by, for example, school holidays / big opportunity to shop for Christmas, as well as our home form. So you might get more for Accrington if we are doing really well, and it's a normal Saturday, than you would for Lincoln off the back of two home defeats at the back end of August.

I like this idea, but surely it's a bit more complicated than this. Attendance can be affected by, for example, school holidays / big opportunity to shop for Christmas, as well as our home form. So you might get more for Accrington if we are doing really well, and it's a normal Saturday, than you would for Lincoln off the back of two home defeats at the back end of August.

No just use our four opportunities per season for discounted tickets as the midweek games. :)

For a long time now I think we would benefit from having a category system where by you have teams in bracket A,B and C.
Cat A games will be clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Sunderland, Wycombe where tickets aren’t hard to sell so you have them priced at the current price.
Cat B will be clubs like Lincoln, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and you make tickets a couple of quid cheaper.
Cat C is for games against teams like Morecambe, Accrington, Fleetwood where crowds aren’t massively high, it’s a little bit harder to convince people to buy tickets and so they are a couple of quid cheap still.
Category B for Wycombe or they will start getting all 'rivalsy' again.

Agree. But on the other hand the fleetwood game coming up is midweek and the same price as the Rotherham game that follows on a Saturday. Im an occasional supporter and if the club would of done a slightly cheaper price or kid for a quid etc I would of been tempted to attend with my son but I can't justify paying full price with the added aspect of a late night and son got school the next morning.

Agree. But on the other hand the fleetwood game coming up is midweek and the same price as the Rotherham game that follows on a Saturday. Im an occasional supporter and if the club would of done a slightly cheaper price or kid for a quid etc I would of been tempted to attend with my son but I can't justify paying full price with the added aspect of a late night and son got school the next morning.
Reduced prices for kids don’t make sense for evening games as you say. Maybe they should try to reach another demographic, say a tenner for the east stand for example.

Reduced prices for kids don’t make sense for evening games as you say. Maybe they should try to reach another demographic, say a tenner for the east stand for example.

I said the opposite. If its cheaper for kids midweek it's more then likely families will try and attend to make the most of the offer.

Player Ratings - Eastwood 8, Long 8 Moore 7 Thorniley 7 Seddon 9, Gorrin 7 Kane 5 Henry 6, Sykes 8, Taylor 9, Holland 8.

Funny when you go back through these threads and read some of the dross posted during the game!
But we were mediocre a great win and all that but need to up our game especially with the games up and coming before the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom