Home Match Day Thread 30/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Morecambe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was well onside....
From the camera angle on iFollow at game speed he looked way off. With the benefit of highlights he was on, but only just. Brilliantly timed run, which is why it looked off initially to me.

From the camera angle on iFollow at game speed he looked way off. With the benefit of highlights he was on, but only just. Brilliantly timed run, which is why it looked off initially to me.
He was clearly onside. Freeze at the moment Seddon played the ball and it's not even close really.

We're on a good run. In the end it was a comfortable win against a half decent team on the day. Maybe complain a little less and you might enjoy it more.
I did enjoy the win but we weren’t brilliant and we weren’t crap we had a mediocre game and when McGuane came on we improved.

I did enjoy the win but we weren’t brilliant and we weren’t crap we had a mediocre game and when McGuane came on we improved.
The whole idea of 'playing well/badly' is a bit deceptive, it depends to an extent on the opposition and how they set up and perform. Morecambe were very attacking with good wingers and stopped us getting into our usual game, especially on the right, plus we'd had to change the midfield at the last minute. I think under the circumstances we did well without looking like worldbeaters.

The whole idea of 'playing well/badly' is a bit deceptive, it depends to an extent on the opposition and how they set up and perform. Morecambe were very attacking with good wingers and stopped us getting into our usual game, especially on the right, plus we'd had to change the midfield at the last minute. I think under the circumstances we did well without looking like worldbeaters.
Totally agree the gripe I have is when the opposition play like that or press us high we seek to struggle to cope, we were 1-0 up against Plymouth and Ryan Lowe changed their system but we didn’t change to counter theirs and we lost 3-1. But last season we pressed high against Doncasternat hole and had a great result the following couple of games we were pressed high and couldn’t cope,!surely a plan B to counter these problems should exist.
But yes very pleased with the result on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom