Home Match Day Thread 30/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Morecambe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
If we play as we did against Burton then Morecambe will go home holding their heads and weeping.
I hope they let us play.

200 up for James Henry !

DPAi69sWAAARaE0

REF WATCH :

EsbGKT2XEAUF5sY

Plymouth based Lee Swabey is today’s man in the middle. He was promoted to the EFL in June 2015.
last season he refereed 29 matches issuing 67 yellow cards but did not issue any reds.

First Oxford United game: October 31st 2015 Stevenage 1-5 Oxford Utd
Last Oxford United game: February 9th 2021 Bristol R 0-2 Oxford Utd

Unable to make it as it clashes with another commitment. Very bad planning on my part joining friends for some egg chasing in Cardiff 🙃 🏉

Wet and windy day but hopefully it won’t spoil the performance.

2-0 Taylor & Henry (on his 200th landmark game - congrats to him)

6241 (edit : 8541 🙂)

COYY’s

Last edited:
About 20 tickets short of 8,000 sold at the moment to home fans.

Yesterday's sales were over 550, which is the highest Friday sales of the season, so with Executive Box sales and on the day sales I think we might reach 8,500 home fans, which to me is excellent for such a game, and a few hundred more than I estimated earlier in the week. I hope the weather is better in Oxford than it is here in Nottingham though, as it's pouring with rain here at the moment!

Another tight game but think we have enough 2-1 win
Will have to be on our toes defensively they have scored 3 goals in a match on several occasions

Great effort to get so many in...problem is we always seem to play crap when there's a ticket promotion.
Let's say 1-0 to us, Henry to Taylor for the winner.

Were generally pretty good at beating these kinds of teams at home. Definitely won’t be a walk in the park, but I reckon still a 2-1 win.

Morecambe have the (joint) worst defensive record in the league, and have shipped 10 goals while losing their last three on their travels (albeit they did score 6 themselves).

It's the sort of game that teams gunning for promotion really ought to be winning.......and I think we will......

I would like to think that if we start well we could be out off sight by half time. But it never goes as you expect.

Last edited:
3-0 we are cranking up the bus . A solid performance alot of players starting to get going. Whyte to get one and Bran and Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom