Home Match Build Up 30/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Morecambe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
The Shrimpers are in town! If we play as we did against Burton they will go home holding their heads in dismay and muttering things like "What a wasted journey" and "how did Oxford do that?"

So based on the side from last night we will have the same XI or Whyte will come in for one of Sykes, Holland or Henry

4-1 Taylor x2 Whyte Holland
Surely we as a team should be to strong for morcambe yea they are doing ok in their first season at this level for a while but this is the type of game we should be winning imo

Last edited:
Currently about 1,200 ahead of the same stage for the Plymouth game and about 600 ahead of the same stage for the Wycombe game, so I'd say we're looking at 8,000/8,200 home fans. Pretty good for unattractive opposition I'd say.
Good to see.

If I remember rightly, about 10 years ago we played Morecombe and had about 25 attempts at goal…. and failed to score. They had 1 attack and won the match.

Currently about 1,200 ahead of the same stage for the Plymouth game and about 600 ahead of the same stage for the Wycombe game, so I'd say we're looking at 8,000/8,200 home fans. Pretty good for unattractive opposition I'd say.

Price point. :) 🤷‍♀️

91A6041B-CA34-4C7D-803E-B599528F8C3E.jpeg
After such a good performance against Burton, I see absolutely no need to change a winning formula.

Only thing I would change, is Cooper on the bench, he’s earned it, after last nights performance, and it’s time to see what he can do at league one level.

COYY

View attachment 7378
After such a good performance against Burton, I see absolutely no need to change a winning formula.

Only thing I would change, is Cooper on the bench, he’s earned it, after last nights performance, and it’s time to see what he can do at league one level.

COYY
Holland has done well to play himself into the starting x1 for many on here. Was being written off at one point. Fair play to the lad!

View attachment 7378

COYY
Agree with that starting line up.

A few positions on the bench are up for grabs now we have more fit players:

1. Plumley
2. Forde

3. McNally - Does he get a suspension for the sending off? He wasn't on the bench for Burton, neither was Mousinho and we didn't have any recognised defenders on it either.

4. Gorrin
5. McGuane

6. Whyte
7. Bodin, or Cooper (not Williams due to injury).

Agyei misses out for me, unless we don't have a CB again.

Agree with that starting line up.

A few positions on the bench are up for grabs now we have more fit players:

1. Plumley
2. Forde

3. McNally - Does he get a suspension for the sending off? He wasn't on the bench for Burton, neither was Mousinho and we didn't have any recognised defenders on it either.

4. Gorrin
5. McGuane

6. Whyte
7. Bodin, or Cooper (not Williams due to injury).

Agyei misses out for me, unless we don't have a CB again.
That’s what I like to see, quality competition for places on the BENCH, let alone the starting lineup, which shows how far we’ve come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom