Home Match Day Thread +++ 30/03/2019 OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers Match Day Thread +++

@Marked Ox
R.E Eastwood with crosses. Think the reason he struggled was because of the presence of Akinfenwa. Big lad and will win 90% of the air meant Eastwood panicked everytime the ball went into the box. Whereas a normal striker it's a 50/50 with the centre back Akinfenwa's physicality makes him so dangerous.

Although Akinfenwa was nowhere near either the ball or Eastwood on 2 (1 was the goal) of the times he completely missed the ball. Can't remember if Akinfenwa was involved on the other occasion in the 1st half.

And it’s funny that we seem to score late winners when we play 2 up front, especially when KR said we can’t play like that.
Wyscumb played 2 upfront and in the first half it caused us problems bless with Akinfenwas backward headers and Mackial Smith behind collecting them and holding up the ball well, maybe KR might look at this style of play because it sure looked like it was working for Wyscumb.

Wyscumb played 2 upfront and in the first half it caused us problems bless with Akinfenwas backward headers and Mackial Smith behind collecting them and holding up the ball well, maybe KR might look at this style of play because it sure looked like it was working for Wyscumb.

He’s good is Mackial Smith, even managed to get on for Notts County yesterday as well for the last 10 minutes! ?

Thought we were terrible for most of the first half. We gave the ball away time after time, gave stupid fouls away in silly areas and Couldn’t create any noteworthy chances. Really we should’ve been two down even without the penalty miss. Eastwood has been told to come for crosses more but does not judge the flight well at all. All over the shop several times. Still not convinced by Ruffles at left back.
BUT
One fantastic attack showed what we’re capable of!
Down the channel, great ball in by Browne and a nice finish by Sinclair. Glimpse of the second half ;-)
Playing against Akifenwa must be a nightmare and I think Nelson and Dickie were excellent. That and the pace of Alex Samuel, who I thought was very handy. Another great performance by Sam Long too.
Credit to KR who must have put something in the tea at half time because a different side came out second half. Used the width better and although didn’t test their keeper as much as we should’ve done we were getting the ball into dangerous areas. It would’ve been Wycombe fans thinking... they’re going to score in a minute!
Ahmed Kashi was brilliant in the middle and once Graham came on they were punched out and hanging on for the last 20 or so.
They still almost scored through an Akinfenwa header, off the bar!
I felt confident we would get another at some point and just when I’d given up ‘ oh well at least it’s a point’ What a finish and what an important goal from Ruffels wow!

Last six games and we’re 3rd in the form table. Great turnaround from the manager and players and coaching staff. It was the same towards the end of last season, although I’m a bit critical of KR and he’s not exactly my cup of tea. You have to give credit when the chips are down, we seem to have a lot of determination at the club. I just wish we could of had a better start, because the first half of the season was extremely poor. I know a lot was to do with injuries, and they are out of our control, but you have to admit a lot of these players signed for us partially injured, and were carrying knocks. That for me is where the manager must improve dramatically. If we can get Graham to sign that would be a good start to the summer recruitment. The other fault I have with KR is he spouts off too much. “Just keep it to yourself” and players sign when they sign.

Anyway another good win. That’s three in a row, let’s make it four against Walsall.

Woke up with a smug grin after that smash and grab. Kashi and Brannagan were immense yesterday. A lesson in sheer hard work of winning the midfield battle.
This win was as outrageous as it was unexpected and for the second home game running, I went f*****g mental.
What a goal to win it, the euphoria! Jeez, does it get better than that?

Credit to everyone for what they put in yesterday, proud to support this club. Well done.?

What a rollercoaster of a season we are having. Just think 2 lost points away at Scunny, 2 lost points at home to Barnsley. If we carry on winning those 2 games we threw away could cost us a play off slot. And that’s without the s**t start we had. And to think most of us from time to time thought we were the pits. I love my football club. KR for prime minister lol COYY

@Shaun Rice - KR is getting good at these lucky wins!!!

Read my comments about the game mate. Written before reading you post.
Lucky they weren’t able to make more of our poor performance for much of the first half.
Lucky they missed a penalty.
We gave the ball away, silly fouls, poor decision making. We couldn’t even muster a shot for 30 odd minutes! I think the goal was our first proper shot on target, I might be wrong.
Nothing lucky about the second half I thought we were excellent and KR got it spot on. I think we came out second half a much more confident side. Much better with our passing and movement.
KR made the substitutions at the right times and they worked. Graham especially.
I would be thinking that about our performance even if Ruffels hadn’t scored.

On KR personally I think his pre and post match comments were excellent today. Very professional and considerate.
If we were to cut him some slack, as I said, it would be for dealing with all the crap behind the scenes not for the football.

Great win yesterday. I think we are safe now because if you look at the fixtures a lot of the teams below us have to play each other so points will be dropped there and I think I am right in saying that Southend have to play Portsmouth and Sunderland. We can look forward to being in League 1 next season.

I personally couldn't care whether it is one up front or six.
KR tends to make substitutions depending on the state of the game. So yesterday he brought on Mackie and still had Sinclair on ( although he seemed to move out wider and at times deeper) . Against Coventry he brought Mous on and took two wide men off to protect the lead (which worked)

He’s good is Mackial Smith, even managed to get on for Notts County yesterday as well for the last 10 minutes! ?
Don’t know why I said that think someone said there 25 was Mackial Smith and we were after him at one time which I believe Chippy was but I stand corrected it was Samuel

Read my comments about the game mate. Written before reading you post.
Lucky they weren’t able to make more of our poor performance for much of the first half.
Lucky they missed a penalty.
We gave the ball away, silly fouls, poor decision making. We couldn’t even muster a shot for 30 odd minutes! I think the goal was our first proper shot on target, I might be wrong.
Nothing lucky about the second half I thought we were excellent and KR got it spot on. I think we came out second half a much more confident side. Much better with our passing and movement.
KR made the substitutions at the right times and they worked. Graham especially.
I would be thinking that about our performance even if Ruffels hadn’t scored.

On KR personally I think his pre and post match comments were excellent today. Very professional and considerate.
If we were to cut him some slack, as I said, it would be for dealing with all the crap behind the scenes not for the football.
Silly fouls? A lot were the dark arts By Wyscumb as that seemed to be the way they were hoping to score

Back
Top Bottom