General 3 Yellows in The Guardian's L1 Team of the Season

MG

I think KR would have been manager of the year had we won the play-offs:

League One

Daniel Iversen (Rotherham); Fankaty Dabo (Coventry), Anthony Stewart (Wycombe), Rob Dickie (Oxford), Joe Jacobson (Wycombe); Liam Walsh (Coventry), Dan Barlaser (Rotherham), Cameron Brannagan (Oxford); James Henry (Oxford), Ivan Toney (Peterborough), Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth)

Player of the season: Ivan Toney The striker enjoyed another prolific campaign, scoring 24 goals in 35 matches, taking his tally to 40 goals across two seasons, prompting interest from Celtic, Rangers and Brentford. Peterborough are determined to hold out for a League One record of about £12m.

Manager: Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe) Steered Wycombe into the Championship against all odds, six years on from surviving relegation to non-league on goal difference; an extraordinary triumph achieved on scant resources and with a squad full of freebies. In the buildup to their play-off final victory at Wembley, their sports scientist and analyst played in XI v XI training games to make up the numbers.

think the Guardian 'selectors' failed to factor in that Wycombe don't play football, instead they play anti football
there's three entries that should be removed ( two in the team and the 'manager' too) IMO

Hard to disagree with that really though I'm not really familar with the Rotherham players

I think Rotherham centre half Ihiekwe is better than Wycombe’s Stewart.

That’s the only change I’d make to that line up.

Back
Top Bottom