Away Match Day Thread +++ 3/2/2018 Charlton Athletic v OUFC +++

ok, so in my final team I put in Ruffles over Mowatt.

Look out for the dream team of Tiger and Grayson in the directors box.

Suppose it'll be typical Oxford to win. I was certain we'd beat Bury and Walsall leaving us needing 2 wins. We're not favourites today and expected to lose. Hopefully another Peterborough performance today!

Very similar to Peterborough situation. We're on a bad run, and you can't see where the next win is going to come from, but it always does, at some point. Look at Bury two weekends ago!

Charlton haven't been entirely convincing this season, and we have a lot of new players, making things even more unpredictable. I would say, though, that it's pretty damn important that we do not get beaten. Now that the Wigan game has been moved, I wouldn't want us to need many points from the last three games to stay up.

That leaves us 14 games to get 16 points before squeaky bum time. 4 or 5 wins. Seems fine, but lose today and it's 13 games for 5 wins and a draw... which is better form than we have shown since September. Am going to be fascinated how some of the new kids get on. If just 2 or 3 of them can make a positive difference, we should be fine. But it's probably best that they start to make that difference sooner than later so that they don't get dragged into the losing mentality that the existing squad has been gradually developing.

No one else stumped by the fact there are two Rose of Denmark pubs within 2 miles of each other?

Long story short, taxi to the stadium!

• React
Reactions: Ian
Good god hasn’t faz learnt anything??? Why the hell is he playing with one upfront. Back to the bloody dark ages. Brannagan? Martin in not Dickie??

Lets hope the new boys can make the difference and get us back on track. Id take a draw today. 1-1 Thomas

Good god hasn’t faz learnt anything??? Why the hell is he playing with one upfront. Back to the bloody dark ages. Brannagan? Martin in not Dickie??
4231 allows a bit more control in midfield. Just means Rothwell and IBR have to be non stop all afternoon helping out Wes and FBs.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Pleased that Sullay KaiKai and Zyro are only on bench for Charlton there both too good for league 1.

Hopefully Todd Kane is the new George Baldock.

I hope IBR plays Right Wing and Rothwell left. Square pegs and all that. I want to see IBR play in his natural position....

I hope IBR plays Right Wing and Rothwell left. Square pegs and all that. I want to see IBR play in his natural position....
He's actually a striker converted into a right winger. Would like to see him drift in upfront at times to help Wes. Also Rothwell, someone who isn't afraid to drive forward with the ball.

Hmm, interesting! Let’s hope the new boys can hit the ground running...

Wot no 442? We're screwed!!

All joking aside, the side looks balanced and should be better getting forward. COYY!

Feeling optimistic about this, hopefully our new loanies will want to make their mark. Anyone know what's up with Brannagan ? Is he still injured?

Brannagan has got an ankle injury, has had a scan and they have got to the root cause. Will be back soon

Back
Top Bottom