Away Match Day Thread +++ 3/2/2018 Charlton Athletic v OUFC +++

Well I didn’t see that coming. Superb Oxford. Everything I want from my team: desire, never give up, passion and resilience. Some terrific compliments on the Charlton forum
Anyone got a link to the comments please? I had the best day in a long time, I am still in shock as to what exactly happened at the end!

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but here's Ledson's winner from a Charlton perspective.... The best thing about it - you can hear one of their fans go 'the cutback is always on for them' (or something along those lines). Yes, it is.

One swallow dont make a summer, but the result yesterday didnt half give me a lift.

What a turn around yesterday. Let’s hope it’s the start of a strong last third of the season. Can’t say I’ve enjoyed an away game as much since ... well Posh :) ... thought Todd Kane was different gravy (apart from his one ‘special moment’). Long may it continue. Came across this ...
... you have to laugh and cry at same time... ‘it’s the parents you know’ ... god I sound like my Dad. COYY!

What a turn around yesterday. Let’s hope it’s the start of a strong last third of the season. Can’t say I’ve enjoyed an away game as much since ... well Posh :) ... thought Todd Kane was different gravy (apart from his one ‘special moment’). Long may it continue. Came across this ...
... you have to laugh and cry at same time... ‘it’s the parents you know’ ... god I sound like my Dad. COYY!

I know it was an exciting match, but that's taking it to extremes!

I saw that kid with the iPad filming that video. Shame he was in such a good position for Lego's celebration for his goal, only to get swamped by fans in front of him (not criticizing them by the way, just saying).

Shame I missed the game in the end but watching the highlights you can see we were playing with much more tenacity and on the front foot compare to under clotet. For example when the ball is cleared there is always a couple of players hunting it down and pressing at full speed, getting bodies forward.

Gutted I missed it!! Think we should Dickie a chance, Mousinho needs dropping in my opinion

One man i haven't seen get much praise who i think looked like our man of the match is Buckley Ricketts. Played apart in all our goals with 2 assists and then the 2nd goal his run dragged e charlton men towards the front post allowing Kane time amd space. Malachi Napa also turning into a really good player can't be long until his 1st start he definitely deserves one.

Right, after enjoying it all we can analyse it.

I thought on effort and application in light of having no strikers we deserved something from the game. Poor Napa, a spindly winger, was asked to do a hold up mans job and I thought that a draw would be a good result. However, I misjudged the efforts of our MApp signings and mainstays - Ruffels, Ledson and Rothwell - who stuck at the task superbly.

Our CBs are at times painful to watch. You can see a ricket coming all the time (Martin did his best to look completely oafish at one point, falling flat on his back although he was the better of the two yesterday) so I think that we need to reconsider their place. Just imagine if Dunks was still here alongside Nelson ...

Henry was excellent when he came on - top sub by Faz there. Todd Kane looks a good player and made up for his mistake with the goal, ASB looks a little cautious but that will develop in time, IBR really grew into the game and had a good understanding with Napa by the end of the game. Charlton’s defence were panicking with the ball over the top and they were finding gaps.

As for Charlton, they were wasteful and despite their size and experience looked a bit lost when we started asking questions of them. They’re far from a bad side and played some neat stuff but maybe are just a bit mentally fragile.

Gutted I missed it!! Think we should Dickie a chance, Mousinho needs dropping in my opinion
I have to think the only reason he remains in the team now is because he's captain. I suppose Eastwood would be next in line as captain, personally I'd give it to Lego but I don't want it to affect his play in the same way it did with Lunny at first.

Mousinho needs to learn where row Z is.

I have to think the only reason he remains in the team now is because he's captain. I suppose Eastwood would be next in line as captain, personally I'd give it to Lego but I don't want it to affect his play in the same way it did with Lunny at first.

If dickie stakes a claim, then mous might very well find himself sat in row z

Sounds like I am in a minority, but I thought Mous did ok overall yesterday, and in particular in the first halve put some challenges in that stopped a definite goal for Charlton several times. Yes, we're ropey at the back, and thank our lucky stars we've got Eastwood, but I think Mous did ok.

Sounds like I am in a minority, but I thought Mous did ok overall yesterday, and in particular in the first halve put some challenges in that stopped a definite goal for Charlton several times. Yes, we're ropey at the back, and thank our lucky stars we've got Eastwood, but I think Mous did ok.

Not at all, I also commented he did well in the first half. But he’s starting to cost us a fair few goals as well. Martin made a big mistake and went two footed flat on his a**e, but other than that he seems to have learnt to not mess about and just get rid of it. Mous delays to long in the wrong areas. He was ok, trouble was everyone else on the pitch was fantastic. And an area we need work on

Interesting that a number of Charlton fans have commented that they think James Henry made the difference when he came on. Obviously with the goal but the comments are about his general play from what I've read.

I'm glad as clearly there is a good player there but previously he has shown it on occasion but also been utterly anonymous on other occasions. Hopefully Faz (or a new man) can find a way to use him in the team.

He should ask our strikers (if we had any).

Arf.

Back
Top Bottom