Home Match Day Thread 3/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Rochdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! Game changed once Agyei and McGuane were moved off the wings and we had natural width with Shodipo and Henry (and then Sykes’ energy with Henry tucking in after that) - night and day compared to the first 55 or so. Good PR move giving Mousinho 5 minutes to stroll around the centre circle at 3-1 as well. He might just get away with saying he doesn’t need to sign another centre back between the token walk about and the result ?

11 days until the next meaningful fixture, and two home league games in a row to come. Time to move away from the bottom.

Night night love you xoxo

Really really happy with that. Not only the result but the performance. Brilliant work rate on and off the ball.

After the second goal there was only one team in it. Loads of pace down the wings. Passing so so much better.

My man Alex Gorrin back in form, picking out the interceptions and distributing very well.

Onwards and upwards, come on you yellurs!

Much better. They didn't ask too many questions of our full backs which helped (albeit Clare probably as good as we've seen so far).

Clear standouts were Gorrin and Moore at both ends. Forde's delivery very good and a goal from a super sub's first touch always helps. Thought Agyei was pretty much our only threat first half. Solid from Long and Taylor not quite at his best was again a pest.

Still a bit concerned about Henry - not sure if that knee brace does point to an injury but still doesn't look himself. And Eastwood definitely got lucky with his parry, whether he saw it late or not. But comfortably the better side and well deserved three points.

What a win! We needed that! I thought we rode our luck plenty in the first half but take a bow Elliott Moore. 2 last ditch blocks to deny certain goals in the first half, 2 goals for himself and even played the ball to mcguane to set up Shodipos goal. A 10/10 rating if ever I've seen one.

?

It sums up where we are as a side though. Lose to the likes of Peterborough and Charlton, beat MK Dons and Rochdale.

We’re a lower mid table side. With some tweaks we could push a touch higher.
Away games though. Not many teams will get results from either of them at there places this season. I back us to push pretty much anyone in this division at home and we are more then capable of doing that at home.

Away games though. Not many teams will get results from either of them at there places this season. I back us to push pretty much anyone in this division at home and we are more then capable of doing that at home.

Maybe, Sunderland totally outplayed us though.

That could be a bit of confidence booster for Moore. He has had a rough few months with what happened in the play offs and the unfortunate passing of his father. There is a player in there and hopefully this is just the start.

Good result. Decent performance. We can at least compete against the Rochdales and MK Dons of this league so it gives us a fighting chance of staying up. Relieved.

Phew! Well deserved 3 points, with a lot more commitment on display.
Rochdale not up to much so no need to go overboard, but much less worried about relegation now.
Shadipo needs to start. Moore looked good at both ends of the pitch. Forde's dead ball delivery excellent.

Thank f**k for that. Big win, they are a bang average league one side so with our start losing to them would be a big problem. We still looked shaky at the back at times but that won’t change overnight, but we did the basics like blocking and clearing the ball a lot better. Moore stepped up tonight, hopefully he pushes on from this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom