Away Match Day Thread +++ 3/11/2018 Scunthorpe United v OUFC +++

Scunthorpe on a 5 game losing streak. That said, three of those have been away from home, and one of the home losses was Peterborough. The other was Plymouth but 4-1 Plymouth screams freak result. Their last win was 5-3 at home to Charlton, who are no pushovers.

I’d be happy with another away draw. We have some winnable league games coming up so as long as we keep our points tally ticking over I think it’s a good result. 0-0 for me.

They haven't won since Noah's Ark and we can't win away from home. Only one outcome here...........Trump will win the mid-term thing in America. Scunthorpe United 1 Oxford United 1 (Whyte again) Att: 5788 and 565 yellows fans. Oxford will take the lead, then put it on a dog. It will escape and run onto the pitch. Yes, s**t joke, but these are s**t times and we need cheering up. The local match-making factory will go on strike.......and the building will burn down. Yes, another s**t joke, but things are still not looking rosy, so who cares. One of our lot is bound sure to have a nasty injury, but I cannot tell you which one. The referee (a certain Mr. Arthur Hitler) will start the game with a strange salute. He will then blow his whistle and decide to retire. After shouting abuse all afternoon, KR will scream: "Ooh Arr!" and end up in the JR, later. Beano will be seen in the United changing room before the game. Not as our new possible signing, but because the lads have been ordered to read the 'Beano' comic, by our new sports scientist. His theory is 'if you can read a kid's comic before an important football game and then play a 'blinder', then you must be a bloody genius'. Everybody keeps on saying that our team is full of clever footballers, so maybe that's the key to unlocking their skill. Who bloody knows? The result won't be a bad one for us, I think. My only question is this; if Typhoo put the 'T' in Britain, who the hell put the 'Cu*t' in Scunthorpe? That just about does it for me. COYY.

Sitting a very nice hotel room, after plenty of wine, following o grotty journey from the land of the South Saxons.
I still say this is a very winnable game. Hopefully, as this is the last league game for two weeks, there will be a good following. COYY

They haven't won since Noah's Ark and we can't win away from home. Only one outcome here...........Trump will win the mid-term thing in America. Scunthorpe United 1 Oxford United 1 (Whyte again) Att: 5788 and 565 yellows fans. Oxford will take the lead, then put it on a dog. It will escape and run onto the pitch. Yes, s**t joke, but these are s**t times and we need cheering up. The local match-making factory will go on strike.......and the building will burn down. Yes, another s**t joke, but things are still not looking rosy, so who cares. One of our lot is bound sure to have a nasty injury, but I cannot tell you which one. The referee (a certain Mr. Arthur Hitler) will start the game with a strange salute. He will then blow his whistle and decide to retire. After shouting abuse all afternoon, KR will scream: "Ooh Arr!" and end up in the JR, later. Beano will be seen in the United changing room before the game. Not as our new possible signing, but because the lads have been ordered to read the 'Beano' comic, by our new sports scientist. His theory is 'if you can read a kid's comic before an important football game and then play a 'blinder', then you must be a bloody genius'. Everybody keeps on saying that our team is full of clever footballers, so maybe that's the key to unlocking their skill. Who bloody knows? The result won't be a bad one for us, I think. My only question is this; if Typhoo put the 'T' in Britain, who the hell put the 'Cu*t' in Scunthorpe? That just about does it for me. COYY.
I am enjoying your contributions

We have a poor team?
So have we been lucky drawing at Southend and Charlton and easily beating Plymouth and Shrewsbury?
Im not saying that I think we have poor players. I just don’t think we play well as a team. When we start beating teams in the top half, I’ll start to adjust my thinking. The league table doesn’t lie and unfortunately overall shows we are currently poor as a team despite the unbeaten run, where incidentally we could have easily lost at Rovers and Southend.

You cant concede 4 at home to Plymouth and not park the bus. Lost their last 5, confidence low and similar needed to us, 5 games ago. Despite their best, we nick it with a single goal. Browne of course with Granger watching from the stands, promising to be a good boy, and licking his lips.

Im not saying that I think we have poor players. I just don’t think we play well as a team. When we start beating teams in the top half, I’ll start to adjust my thinking. The league table doesn’t lie and unfortunately overall shows we are currently poor as a team despite the unbeaten run, where incidentally we could have easily lost at Rovers and Southend.
This is what I like to hear. Going into todays game with a really positive attitude. Spare a thought for the fans slogging their way up to North Lincolnshire.

The league table shows that we were bottom 5 games ago and in the last 5 games have has promotion form.
Last season when did ,Plymouth stop being a poor team ( bottom st Christmas and nearly made the play offs)?
If we won today would we still be a poor team because we haven't beaten a top half team?

probability makes me think we will concede today but as long as we score first I think we will win.
1-1 or 2-1 win

Can’t see anything but a win today. I really wanted to go as well, but commitments at work mean I can’t make it unfortunately.

I think we will win this 3-1

The league table shows that we were bottom 5 games ago and in the last 5 games have has promotion form.
Last season when did ,Plymouth stop being a poor team ( bottom st Christmas and nearly made the play offs)?
If we won today would we still be a poor team because we haven't beaten a top half team?
Valid question. I don’t think we’d suddenly be a good team beating a team that’s lost 5 on the spin, no. However, if we can start to get some results against the better teams then I’d say that we’ve turned a corner and could be considered a decent league 1 team. We haven’t even won a single away game yet!

This is what I like to hear. Going into todays game with a really positive attitude. Spare a thought for the fans slogging their way up to North Lincolnshire.
Fully respect fans going up north to watch. I don’t intend to be negative, I’m just giving a realistic opinion. I hope we win and perform well as much as any fan but can’t hide my disappointment at the state of the overall start we’ve had.

I think it will be a case of our poor attack vs their poor defence. I'd take another point tbh - I don't like when we face teams on a losing streak.

1-1

Let’s keep the run going and climb the table a bit more.
2-0 to the U’S

COYY

Back
Top Bottom