Matches 3 10K Crowds in 8 days

9,200 sold as of just now. My figure was about 30 below The Curragh's figure last night, so about 40 sold overnight. Many blocks are now sold out and many have only a handful of single tickets remaining.

The new Block 26 in the North Stand is now half sold, selling quickly, and will probably sell out, which only leaves the end block with any number of seats left. Jim Smith Stand has single seats only in most blocks, with only Block 21, nearest the North Stand, with any number of seats. I think this stand might look pretty impressive today, if the surfer flag is out again? South Lower is mostly sold out, with the usual exception of the two blocks closest to the fence. South Upper has only 70 seats left and they're nearly all in the fence end block, and will almost certainly sell out.

I'm going to stick to my forecast of 9,400 Oxford fans and 800 Lincoln, giving a total of 10,200, but I'm hoping that might be exceeded. It's certain that the 10,000 target will be met though.
I’d go higher, I reckon we’ll get just over 11000. If we have 500 unsold, they have 500 empty seats and a few hundred for segregation.

do the dot counters include boxes and disabled area which combined makes about 350 more?

I'd love you to be right, but the maximum home capacity today is 10,305 with half of Block 26 open. To get 11,000, with Lincoln expected to bring 800, we'd have to sell out all of our allocation, and there is currently little evidence that that will happen, sorry. Everything is factored in for all areas and this is not just random guesswork, but based on actual sales and buying patterns.

Anyway, I need to get ready to leave, so no more posts from me today. COYY.

We have sold a lot more tickets since I checked this morning.
SSL block nearest the fence was mostly unsold but half now gone.
Good effort from everyone.

The current weather could scupper some people's plans to come out to watch the game. One of those where Rad Ox seems preferable if you aren't that fussed

The current weather could scupper some people's plans to come out to watch the game. One of those where Rad Ox seems preferable if you aren't that fussed
Just arrived. Dry but a bit blowy. Not cold so shouldn’t put off many

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but when was the last time we had 3 x 10k home attendances in a row?

January is often a tight month for many, and hopefully we will have a big 4th round FA cup game to look forward too. So it would be hard to really max out the attendance for Hartlepool, Rotherham or Wimbledon. But February and onwards will see games against Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers and Bolton where we should be looking at further 10k crowds if we continue to perform this way. 2019 has been a fantastic year, after so much doom and gloom on and off the pitch. 2020 promises so much more and everyone at the club deserves our support in every way we can. Let's go up in style!!!

So, we did it.

I was 85 out in my estimate, so the honour of the dot counters is upheld. With a nice bit of symmetry, if Lincoln had bought the 800 I estimated, instead of the 630 that they did bring, I'd have still been 85 out, but under rather than over!

Great effort to get over 10k again, but what a terrible turnout from Lincoln
they average nearly 9k at home and so you would have expected them to bring a lot more than they did, what with it being Boxing Day and against a side near the top. travel not the easiest, but then nowhere is when you are starting in Lincoln

So, we did it.

I was 85 out in my estimate, so the honour of the dot counters is upheld. With a nice bit of symmetry, if Lincoln had bought the 800 I estimated, instead of the 630 that they did bring, I'd have still been 85 out, but under rather than over!

You were only 0.84% out so not too bad, all things considered!

Back
Top Bottom