Matches 3 10K Crowds in 8 days

Just for the record, we recorded 10,000 plus crowds for the last six home fixtures of the 1968-69 season:
Portsmouth 10,827
Millwall 14,096
Derby 17,939
Blackburn 13,770
Aston Villa 17,072
Sheffield Utd 11,969

We're at bang on 9,000 home sales by my reckoning, so my figures are a little out from those of @Thecurraghofkildare last night, which may be due to a few previously unavailable seats being made available?

I think we're still on for the 10,200 that I previously predicted and I think we'll end up with over 1,000 more home fans than we had for the Wycombe game. I won't be updating now until tomorrow morning as I have a bunch of reindeers to organise and a load more presents to deliver, ho, ho, ho!!!

Edit: I've just checked @Thecurraghofkildare figures and his figures were correct, but the total sold was exactly 100 out, so a fully understandable bit of human error late at night I suspect!!! I can now rest easy in dot counter land that there is no discrepancy and our figures tally.

Last edited:
I wonder if this could be adapted to make these cheery old carthorses obsolete, save their eyesight and free their spare time so they could wander more round their paddocks, munching on the silage of their memories. Bless them, give me money now and free them from this treadmill of drudgery - these octogenarians deserve a rest!

I wonder if this could be adapted to make these cheery old carthorses obsolete, save their eyesight and free their spare time so they could wander more round their paddocks, munching on the silage of their memories. Bless them, give me money now and free them from this treadmill of drudgery - these octogenarians deserve a rest!
Ha ha good idea!

We're at bang on 9,000 home sales by my reckoning, so my figures are a little out from those of @Thecurraghofkildare last night, which may be due to a few previously unavailable seats being made available?

I think we're still on for the 10,200 that I previously predicted and I think we'll end up with over 1,000 more home fans than we had for the Wycombe game. I won't be updating now until tomorrow morning as I have a bunch of reindeers to organise and a load more presents to deliver, ho, ho, ho!!!

Edit: I've just checked @Thecurraghofkildare figures and his figures were correct, but the total sold was exactly 100 out, so a fully understandable bit of human error late at night I suspect!!! I can now rest easy in dot counter land that there is no discrepancy and our figures tally.
"my figures are a little out". If you are expecting a New Year's Honour you need to pull yourself together and brush up your act.

"my figures are a little out". If you are expecting a New Year's Honour you need to pull yourself together and brush up your act.

What I meant to say was The Curragh of Kildare's figures were a little out from mine. I'll accept Lord Colin of Oxfordshire in the Honours list please!!!!

Cheers Paul, that's next year's Christmas present sorted!

Merry Christmas to you and your agent old chap.

About 10 days ago, I ordered two tickets for Lincoln and my ticket for Doncaster on new years. They haven't come yet. If I go to the ticket office before KO tomorrow will they be able to print me out the two tickets for then / give me two more? Does anyone know? Thought I'd booked far enough in advance that this wouldn't be an issue but now a bit worried...

About 10 days ago, I ordered two tickets for Lincoln and my ticket for Doncaster on new years. They haven't come yet. If I go to the ticket office before KO tomorrow will they be able to print me out the two tickets for then / give me two more? Does anyone know? Thought I'd booked far enough in advance that this wouldn't be an issue but now a bit worried...
Yeah, just take a copy of the email confirmation and you’ll be fine.

So at 11.30pm on Christmas Day there are now 1116 home seats left split as follows:

South Stand Upper - 79
South Stand Lower - 420
East Stand - 222
North Stand - 395

So 226 tickets bought in the past 24 hours (as Colin pointed out the correct total for last night was 1342 - apologies as the abacus was broken!!) which brings the total to an estimated 9189 home sales.

I would guess that we'll see around 400 or so walk ups on the day, so around 9600 home fans and I'd think 800+ from Lincoln giving us around 10,400 in total.

9,200 sold as of just now. My figure was about 30 below The Curragh's figure last night, so about 40 sold overnight. Many blocks are now sold out and many have only a handful of single tickets remaining.

The new Block 26 in the North Stand is now half sold, selling quickly, and will probably sell out, which only leaves the end block with any number of seats left. Jim Smith Stand has single seats only in most blocks, with only Block 21, nearest the North Stand, with any number of seats. I think this stand might look pretty impressive today, if the surfer flag is out again? South Lower is mostly sold out, with the usual exception of the two blocks closest to the fence. South Upper has only 70 seats left and they're nearly all in the fence end block, and will almost certainly sell out.

I'm going to stick to my forecast of 9,400 Oxford fans and 800 Lincoln, giving a total of 10,200, but I'm hoping that might be exceeded. It's certain that the 10,000 target will be met though.

I’d go higher, I reckon we’ll get just over 11000. If we have 500 unsold, they have 500 empty seats and a few hundred for segregation.

do the dot counters include boxes and disabled area which combined makes about 350 more?

Back
Top Bottom