Home Match Day Thread 3/10/20 L1 - OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember once when Crewe were a model of decency and respect. With the Gradi fiasco and David the Dickhead Artell it has all gone a bit awry it seems.

Er, they might of seemed that on the surface but what was going on behind closed doors was despicable, they never took responsibility for it and have tried to sweep it all under the carpet since.

I can't believe you are referring to my response as naive. If you are then please explain why?

@uptheus said "Do you really think that everyone plus everyone who lives in the same household who might have a cold (not Covid symptoms) would self isolate or even take a test?"

To which you replied "Yes. Simple answer."

I think that belief is naive. I think plenty of people wouldn't self-isolate if they were asymptomatic. I think we're seeing the results of this now.

For clarity, I am not condoning the above.

His result arrived while he was on the coach so at best he travelled whilst symptomatic....................
@uptheus said "Do you really think that everyone plus everyone who lives in the same household who might have a cold (not Covid symptoms) would self isolate or even take a test?"

I think that belief is naive. I think plenty of people wouldn't self-isolate if they were asymptomatic. I think we're seeing the results of this now.

If you have believe you need a test, and then go for one legally you have to isolate until you get a negative result.

Ah, with you now. I read should instead of would. And you are sadly, correct, some folk would ignore the signs and go about their daily business as though nothing were awry. ( granted also, some could not afford or be able to isolate without assistance)

• React
Reactions: m
If you have believe you need a test, and then go for one legally you have to isolate until you get a negative result.
Absolutely!

And to not do so is reckless and irresponsible without even considering the legality.

I don't think that's enough for some though.

He doesn't get it, does he? Just doesn't comprehend what he's saying. Within his squad are two players, both tested positive and as far as he is concerned, that's it. "Get the lads tested and we'll go from there". What a tosser. No thought of isolating, no thought of the players families or the other members of the club with contact to those players.

If this is a typical reaction then heaven help us all.

On a slightly separate note, a 2 nil win today (which wasn't beyond reason) would have seen us up to 7th.

Just shows that whilst the first 2 defeats were disappointing, some of the fallout on here was perhaps a little premature.
Or we could have lost 2-0, the team played awful, and we end up 3rd from bottom.

All very hypothetical Scotchers, but I get your point!

Last edited:
This is from the official website for Crewe Alexandra:
We are unable to fulfil today's fixture against Oxford United due to one of our players being notified this morning that he is COVID-19 Positive.

That's it. No mention of them having travelled to the ground, entering the ground, the changing rooms, interacting with OUFC staff and players, entering into protracted discussion with OUFC officials insisting that they, Crewe, were ready to play football. No mention that the game was only called off after those discussions and despite their willingness to put everyone at risk.

They are a disgrace and should be be called to order by the EFL and the PFA. ( they won't, of course. )

Should it be mandatory that if you can’t play a fixture because a player or players in your team have Covid then you forfeit isn’t that what happened to orient in the cup or was that different either way after the way Crewe have behaved today knowing that player had Covid they should be made to forfeit they could have infected our whole team wankers

He doesn't get it, does he? Just doesn't comprehend what he's saying. Within his squad are two players, both tested positive and as far as he is concerned, that's it. "Get the lads tested and we'll go from there". What a tosser. No thought of isolating, no thought of the players families or the other members of the club with contact to those players.

If this is a typical reaction then heaven help us all.
That is one of the must shocking things , anyone could have said about this , he just don’t get it does he ?

Should it be mandatory that if you can’t play a fixture because a player or players in your team have Covid then you forfeit isn’t that what happened to orient in the cup or was that different either way after the way Crewe have behaved today knowing that player had Covid they should be made to forfeit they could have infected our whole team wankers

Only if the EFL say so.

Since they have no policy on it, who knows?!

So their coach, the hotel they stayed at and any Places they visited need clean downs. All people who came into contact with them need to be traced.
pricks.

If I was being a cryptic sod on the “getting the crowds in” thread at just after 11am, I’m not sure how the club didn’t find out until around 1:40pm that there was an issue. Somebody must have known, which then presents another issue of why the hell nobody told the management.

I’m absolutely stunned that Crewe turned up and seemed almost surprised at being told there wouldn’t be a match. How on earth could they have thought there would be? And what were they thinking letting their players go into the stadium and go in and out of dressing rooms? Even if they went to the ground they should’ve stayed on the bus until they were told by an OUFC rep that it was okay for them to enter.

Highlights the massive problems faced by football, especially lower down. Who is in control of this in terms of the authorities? They’ve had over half a year to prepare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom