Home Match Day Thread 3/10/20 L1 - OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the situation have been if the Crewe player hadn’t taken the test?

It was the player’s son who was unwell, but the player took a test on his own accord and found out this morning that he was positive.

The situation could have been worse if he hadn’t taken the test.

He should have self-isolated as soon as his son showed symptoms. Shouldn’t have been on the bus. Crewe shouldn’t have even come to the ground knowing a team member was positive. They should have gone straight back to Crewe and started self-isolating themselves. The rules aren’t that complicated TBH.

He should have self-isolated as soon as his son showed symptoms. Shouldn’t have been on the bus. Crewe shouldn’t have even come to the ground knowing a team member was positive. They should have gone straight back to Crewe and started self-isolating themselves. The rules aren’t that complicated TBH.
If Orient lost there cup place by agreeing to test there players then we could be entitled to 3 points

On a slightly separate note, a 2 nil win today (which wasn't beyond reason) would have seen us up to 7th.

Just shows that whilst the first 2 defeats were disappointing, some of the fallout on here was perhaps a little premature.

If Orient lost there cup place by agreeing to test there players then we could be entitled to 3 points

Yes but that was against a premier League team - a team that the authorities give a toss about!

Even the government/health professionals have tried to define the differences between a sniffle and Covid symptoms to
try not to draw upon the Covid testing resources, but can understand if someone does and that person/their bubble should self isolate. The difference here is, this player paid for a separate test just to double check because his son was unwell, but we don’t know the severity of his symptoms which may have just been a cold.

I went to the hairdressers the other day and the Hairdresser’s son was feeling unwell that day (at school), so went home, so what should he do knowing that his son potentially has a cold? Does he close the shop down, do all his customers he had that day, the day before or 7 days before self isolate. Should his son go for a test even if he isn’t showing Covid symptoms? Should the rest of his family self isolate?

It’s not all black & white.

The guy took a test before leaving Crewe. He should have been self-isolating til he got the result. Simple.

KR’s iFollow interview is almost astonishingly forthright. I suspect he’ll get in trouble for it, but I didn’t disagree with a single word he said.

David Artell, on the other hand, is a complete disgrace. His interview was an appalling, disrespectful, offensive one...and I suspect there’ll be nothing more said about it.

This is a mess. As someone else has said, the one thing I’m clinging to is that as a club it seems pretty clear that we’ve acted with integrity and prioritised the health of our squad, staff and their families (and sending the message that as a club we take this extremely seriously) even at the risk of punitive measures on the football field. Proud to be a yellow tonight. If I were a Crewe fan I’d feel a little ashamed. If I were working at the EFL I’d feel wholly embarrassed...

I think we can all (now) agree that both Wintle (not self-isolating until he got his result) and Crewe (travelling to our ground knowing that someone on their team bus, staying in the same hotel, etc. had the virus), were BOTH irresponsible.

If they don’t get some form of punishment for that, there is something, very wrong.

The guy took a test before leaving Crewe. He should have been self-isolating til he got the result. Simple.
Lots of water under the bridge si ce this message, but agree with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom