Home Match Day Thread 3/10/20 L1 - OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens every time a single player tests positive I don't see how football can continue. Mass testing would only make days like this more common.

Presumably he wasn’t known to be positive when they travelled. If they did know then they should be toast. Question is should a player who has been tested self-isolate before test results come in?
Anyone with symptoms should self isolate from day one. If positive they should carry on for 14 days. If negative come out of isolation.
So if he was there the crap should hit the fan!!

I finally found a way to get iFollow from my phone to my tv that works and it gets postponed.

Going to be a tough season if this happens to much, could end up playing 3 games a week to get them in by the beginning of May.
Me too

Sucks glad didn't buy match pass.. was really looking forward to this had afternoon just for the footy lined up.

Players need to start taking more responsibility. You are being given a privilege to play football during a pandemic, you should be doing everything in your power to not get the virus.

If that means staying in a bubble for six months then that should be the minimum commitment players make. If not we may not complete another season.

How would testing whole squads help when this happened because a Crewe player tested positive?

If this happens every time a single player tests positive I don't see how football can continue. Mass testing would only make days like this more common.
Not really - you just have to play with what squad you have whilst positive players isolate.

NONE of the clubs at this level are testing regularly. Including us. None of us can afford it.

£65 per person with BUPA, could probably negotiate that down to £40 easy enough......... 30 folk £2,400 a week for two tests. Test on a Tuesday result by Wednesday "clear" folk to do a form of shielding until Saturday, could then test again Sunday for a midweek game.......... compared to the wage bill its probably a drop in the ocean?

Players need to start taking more responsibility. You are being given a privilege to play football during a pandemic, you should be doing everything in your power to not get the virus.

If that means staying in a bubble for six months then that should be the minimum commitment players make. If not we may not complete another season.
Away from their families for 6 months? Don’t be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom