Home Match Day Thread 2ND ATTEMPT ...fan power - ultras upset tiger

That is almost embarassing to pretend Tiger has had any part in that!

What?

I read the "we" in the final paragraph (which my response was to) as the club, not him personally which seems a reasonable comment to make. The paragraph even starts off praising the staff at the club. Don't you think the club staff worked hard?

Last edited:
I meant in producing the whole article. A critical analysis of our full team-come on!

KR writes his notes, Tiger has his "ghost" written. Tiger watches streamed coverage of our matches & then calls KR immediately afterwards for a 'post mortem'.

thick skinned and then some ...a tiger with the hide of a rhino, as we already know via his 'avoidance' of most direct questions asked

Being embarrassed visually, that has seemed to have hit home, and hit hard ... good call by the ultras and more power to them I say

same again for the Sunderland home game?;)

How do we know it’s truly upset him? I mean he just f*****g lies anyway.

I think a lot of people are getting caught up in the finances on this thread. The display made no reference to finance at all, Robbo had a half decent budget, squandered it but we can't blame Tiger for that.
The ultras statement actually referred to how the club has been run since his arrival. Openly lying to fans, stirring up rubbish with the stadium sites, ignoring OxVox questions time and time again, repeatedly missing legal payments and then openly refusing to leave emergency funding in place for those at the club, owing payments to local businesses, bringing in billionaire board members without telling fans what their roles are or if they have any financial input whatsoever. Also never being in the country is one thing, but to have someone running the club in Niall McW who has absolutely no experience in running a football club... Reckless. And is the training ground even finished yet? I remember him stating there would be an open day for fans to see it once finished... That's supposed to be one of his biggest achievements here!
I can see why the staff "at the bottom" may have been p*ssed off, but can they really blame us when fans and the supporters group have been treated so poorly by those at the top? I think that's what it's all about.

It would appear that Tiger has underestimated almost everything. If, as it seems, he has taken the supporters for granted and that we will back anything and everything just because it's our club, then he is sorely mistaken. Most of us have been around a lot longer than him and most of us have seen owners come and go. Over the years we have all put our money into the club. We buy tickets, programmes, shirts, scarves, 50/50 tickets. etc. etc.
Many have put hard cash into buckets for this club.

So, Tiger, don't take the P**s! You want to own a football club, fine. That brings a lot of responsibility. Show some respect to those who go to the games, sit in the freezing cold, the wet and, yes, sometimes the sun to watch and support. Those who spend proportionally far more of their income than you on following this club.
If you and your (supposedly) mega rich mates want to build a new stadium in order to make another fortune on property speculation then there is not a lot we can do about it but, it's OUFC that provides you with the vehicle to achieve this. If you persist in treating us like mushrooms then don't be "upset" if more banners start to appear.

Ultimately my post has said that the ULTRAS protest had caused a reaction and yet I don't know why Tiger would either be hurt or upset with the banners being placed upside down, as suggested by Karl Robinson.

He has treated the fans in my opinion badly. He has failed to listen to well minded supporters who have offered advice and support, supporters who have done nothing but support him in public and others who have done so behind closed doors. He has absolutely brought this situation upon himself. He has dragged our credibility through the dirt.

He has allowed this management team to steer our club towards League 2 & allowed Karl to behave in a manner not befitting of our manager. He has allowed them to recruit their chums & in the process make a mockery of our recruitment. He has allowed decisions like travelling to Bury on a Monday afternoon, stay in overnight accommodation when the club struggle to pay bills. Then today, our idiot manager, suggests he has decided to change up our away routine and we'll try travelling on the day to Burton, like most football clubs do at this level (someone's had a word with Karl no doubt).

That said, I will absolutely defend Tiger on player/squad investment. He has put his hand in someones pocket, for Whyte, Branagan, Dickie, Hanson, Holmes, Carruthers, Sykes, Graham and now, Sinclair. There is a pot of cash he's quite happy to spend on the first team. He needs to make sure the club has money to do the day to day stuff.

I ended my original post with a thank you. Thank you to the LADS AND LASSES who make up the Ultras for actually getting him to wake up and perhaps, just maybe, start taking on board what good fans are telling him.

My prediction remains, that Karl Robinson will not be our manager come the Summer (regardless of 18 months of awful league position and criminally under-performing his budget) and the sooner Tiger listens to those around him, the better.

He would be upset because of his culture. We don’t really get it because mostly we just say what we think. Some people er a bit too much! But being criticised directly and so openly would be regarded very badly. If fact it’s very bad manners on our part.

IMO I’m not sure it’s all his fault.
KR openly said he’s been backed by the board massively and now it’s up to him to repay them. Especially regarding the signing of Hanson.
Yes there are issues with HMRC that need to be explained but he’s hardly going to reveal his financial situation with us. If it doesn’t happen again I’d be happy to let it go.
It’s recruiting that has let us down this season.
Too many players have been brought in that are not good enough.
We missed out on ‘the’ striker not because of finances but because our league position is so bad. That is all on KR

He would be upset because of his culture. We don’t really get it because mostly we just say what we think. Some people er a bit too much! But being criticised directly and so openly would be regarded very badly. If fact it’s very bad manners on our part.
I cannot see why it would be construed as bad manners on our part? Must we now research how to protest in accordance with Thai culture?

Come to that, if he thinks a few banners, a few posts on social media are bad, wait until the mob wakes up!

I travelled and did some voluntary work in Thailand several years ago.

My experience on the whole was that the Thais are nice, friendly people, however what I did find was that they didn’t like being the bearer of bad news, and would go out of there way to tell you what they thought you wanted to hear.

There definitely are cultural differences, but in my view it is up to the visitor/guest in that country to accept, understand, and adjust.

Appreciate that view @Shaun Rice

1. He's in our country. He has bought a UK based company and English football club. He has plenty of experience working in this country as a director.

2. Tell HMRC about bad manners.

3. I wholeheartedly agree that it isn't all his fault. I have met him a lot, he's a lovely chap. However, as the club have admitted, we seem to have made a plethora of mistakes this season and ultimately it could result in a relegation.

4. Most of the blame for me is with Karl Robinson.

5. I actually think Tiger will be OK. He needs to sort so much out it's untrue. But he needed to realise that the fans have a voice and he has to respect us, if he expects respect back. Answering questions to OXVOX, stop mucking Firoz about, learning about making statements such as striker wow signings and not delivering.

6. All I have seen from the club in recent weeks, including the build-up to Barnsley, is about Sunderland tickets. In fact, everything at the moment is about money. Sponsorship opportunities, Sunderland home tickets, soon it'll be season tickets. That last point is the serious one. Of course we have a huge loyal fanbase but this summer it'll be seriously tested and I'm not sure as many as we'd think will renew. So he needs to make some tough decisions.

7. Michael Appleton.

1. He's in our country. He has bought a UK based company and English football club. He has plenty of experience working in this country as a director.

3. I wholeheartedly agree that it isn't all his fault. I have met him a lot, he's a lovely chap. However, as the club have admitted, we seem to have made a plethora of mistakes this season and ultimately it could result in a relegation.

5. I actually think Tiger will be OK. He needs to sort so much out it's untrue. But he needed to realise that the fans have a voice and he has to respect us, if he expects respect back. Answering questions to OXVOX, stop mucking Firoz about, learning about making statements such as striker wow signings and not delivering.

6. All I have seen from the club in recent weeks, including the build-up to Barnsley, is about Sunderland tickets. In fact, everything at the moment is about money. Sponsorship opportunities, Sunderland home tickets, soon it'll be season tickets. That last point is the serious one. Of course we have a huge loyal fanbase but this summer it'll be seriously tested and I'm not sure as many as we'd think will renew. So he needs to make some tough decisions.

7. Michael Appleton.

8. A professional, experienced and empowered CEO.

7. Michael Appleton.
Point number 6 raises an important question. Best case scenario is we’ll finish in about 16th place this season. It’s going to take a hell of a sales push by the club to get people enthusiastic for next season. The million dollar question is what can the club do in the summer to encourage and enthuse everyone, regardless of what division we’ll be in? Over enthusiastic speeches and promises from Robinson certainly won’t cut it.

8. A professional, experienced and empowered CEO.
One who can answer question when asked, instead of the standard 'I'll get back to you on that,' then doesn't get back with an answer! ...thatd be a good ceo

7. Michael Appleton.

Totally agree, one of the things that annoys the hell out of me in business is the way the English feel the need comply with other cultures. Rather than them assimilate ours. Example all the brits bowing to the Japanese rather than making them shake hands. Anyway that’s another story.

Back
Top Bottom