Home Match Day Thread 2ND ATTEMPT ...fan power - ultras upset tiger

Deleted by some stupid admin!

So it seems the protect put the fur up on Tiggers back!

3rd time lucky ????

It seems the Ultras upside down banners and additional banners displayed as the teams came out on tuesday (lies & bow thais + lie of the tiger - photo on FV match report btw) upset tiger ... as reported in om kr interview earlier (link to follow) ..... ultras protest it seems had more of an impact on our bowtie bedecked owner than Questions from fans, supporters trust as well as both radio oxford and oxford mail have done thus far..... fan power at its best , keep it going Ultras :)

3rd time lucky ????

It seems the Ultras upside down banners and additional banners displayed as the teams came out on tuesday (lies & bow thais + lie of the tiger - photo on FV match report btw) upset tiger ... as reported in om kr interview earlier (link to follow) ..... ultras protest it seems had more of an impact on our bowtie bedecked owner than Questions from fans, supporters trust as well as both radio oxford and oxford mail have done thus far..... fan power at its best , keep it going Ultras :)
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...anks-oxford-united-board-for-january-backing/

3rd time lucky ????

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...anks-oxford-united-board-for-january-backing/

on the earlier (deleted thread) @WuTang ...(involved with Ultras?) posted an interesting few comments from an Ultras perspective, as well as other responses from YF posters too ...can you all repost please chaps ?

Last edited:
The interesting bits, for me anyway, this admission by KR:

"And despite the backing, Robinson admitted there were big lessons to learn from January.

He said: “We’ve seen in this window what it might take to get a player of a certain level of quality.

“I think it’s been a reality check and I think we will take note of that as a football club."

As I said before - Really? Are we supposed to believe that you have only just learnt this?

Deleted by some stupid admin!

So it seems the protect put the fur up on Tiggers back!
doesnt YF have an 'undo ' facility? .... if it' costs' adding more pop up ads to get one (undo facility), leave it as it is though ;)

When the banners were unfurled and raised on display there was a definite reaction from the SSU with many applauding the fans. Some puzzled looks from the Barnsley guests in the directors box but unfortunately from our angle, no way of seeing if there was any reaction from OUFC directors/guests. If anyone missed them, have a look at Paul Beasley's Fans view. There is a photo of the banners.

Kr has indeed lost it: “I want to say a big thank you to the board, because they gave us the funds to do whatever we needed to do.”

So, Kr went and got us the striker we needed? Really?

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually quite excited by the new Smith, but this quote from Kr sums him up - dysfunctional at best.

When the banners were unfurled and raised on display there was a definite reaction from the SSU with many applauding the fans. Some puzzled looks from the Barnsley guests in the directors box but unfortunately from our angle, no way of seeing if there was any reaction from OUFC directors/guests. If anyone missed them, have a look at Paul Beasley's Fans view. There is a photo of the banners.
hopefully @Paul B will be 'ok' with my cutting n pasting (below) the pics off his Barnsley FV? ... its said a picture speaks 1000 words , reckon these two along with the om interview speak volumes !
P1090289-768x576.jpg

P1090293-768x576.jpg

Ultimately my post has said that the ULTRAS protest had caused a reaction and yet I don't know why Tiger would either be hurt or upset with the banners being placed upside down, as suggested by Karl Robinson.

He has treated the fans in my opinion badly. He has failed to listen to well minded supporters who have offered advice and support, supporters who have done nothing but support him in public and others who have done so behind closed doors. He has absolutely brought this situation upon himself. He has dragged our credibility through the dirt.

He has allowed this management team to steer our club towards League 2 & allowed Karl to behave in a manner not befitting of our manager. He has allowed them to recruit their chums & in the process make a mockery of our recruitment. He has allowed decisions like travelling to Bury on a Monday afternoon, stay in overnight accommodation when the club struggle to pay bills. Then today, our idiot manager, suggests he has decided to change up our away routine and we'll try travelling on the day to Burton, like most football clubs do at this level (someone's had a word with Karl no doubt).

That said, I will absolutely defend Tiger on player/squad investment. He has put his hand in someones pocket, for Whyte, Branagan, Dickie, Hanson, Holmes, Carruthers, Sykes, Graham and now, Sinclair. There is a pot of cash he's quite happy to spend on the first team. He needs to make sure the club has money to do the day to day stuff.

I ended my original post with a thank you. Thank you to the LADS AND LASSES who make up the Ultras for actually getting him to wake up and perhaps, just maybe, start taking on board what good fans are telling him.

My prediction remains, that Karl Robinson will not be our manager come the Summer (regardless of 18 months of awful league position and criminally under-performing his budget) and the sooner Tiger listens to those around him, the better.

2 thoughts on this:

1. describing Robinson as 'delirious' is surely tautology at it's worst?

2. If the Ultras display has got our Acting Owner upset then bloody good show. It's about time something brought home him that virtually no OUFC fan has confidence that his ownership is 'in the best interests of the club'*. Thank you, Ultras!

* copyright Darryl "Slippery" Eales.

I wonder if the flags will stay upside down against Sunderland..

Back
Top Bottom