Away Match Day Thread 29/12/2020 L1 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I accept that Agyei and Shodipo can produce something special occasionally I would prefer Clare to come on before them hes got pace and a better defensive mindset if required. I also think Hall has been underused. And I am a bit concerned the way Sykes and Forde have gone from being practically first choice to nowhere in around a month I hope its not a personal falling out with Karl because that does not reflect well on him, he is paid to keep everything together not have rows. I realise I dont have much evidence of this except for team selection.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cam on the bench for this evening. Hanson to start, probably our best option on recent sightings. Kelly will be there, the free kick options that have been demonstrated to good effect are needed. Otherwise, same line up as against AFC. (Just a better second half, please!)

Very pleased if we avoid defeat. Not sure why so many on here are so optimistic. Happy to be proved wrong.

Plymouth have taken four points from six games so far this December, including losing 3-0 to Bristol Rovers and 4-0 at home to Rochdale (!?).

Meanwhile, we are unbeaten so far in December, have taken nine points from five games, and progressed in the paint pot trophy.

Granted, Plymouth had a good result on Boxing Day, and granted we have a historic ability to play struggling teams back into form, but there's plenty of reason to be optimistic based on the results the two sides have been getting recently.

While I accept that Agyei and Shodipo can produce something special occasionally I would prefer Clare to come on before them hes got pace and a better defensive mindset if required. I also think Hall has been underused. And I am a bit concerned the way Sykes and Forde have gone from being practically first choice to nowhere in around a month I hope its not a personal falling out with Karl because that does not reflect well on him, he is paid to keep everything together not have rows. I realise I dont have much evidence of this except for team selection.
Why on earth make up wild speculation then?
Just because you may not agree with team selection ( and we can all have out own views), why on earth suggest that it doesn't reflect well on KR because he may have fallen out with players? Just a little odd.
ALL managers fall put with players. MAPP with Junior Brown ( and a couple more at Cambridge away) a
Plus Liam Seacombe. Ferguson with Keane, Staam, and a fair few more

Plymouth Aaaaaaaarrgyle 1 Oxford United 1 (Clare) Att: F**k knows
Plymouth will be in tier 3 tonight..........or at least most of our shots will end up there, in their main stand. A dog will run onto the pitch. The dog, a Staffordshire Bull Terrrier/Chihuahua cross, will bite Matty Taylor, who will turn into Phil Taylor and take up darts as a hobby. After he scores his goal, Clare will go on a goal-scoring run, getting another in our next game (next November, due to f***ing Covid). Chelsea will sack Frank Lamp Post and chase after Mrs. Robinson, but be told to try Pochettino, since he's desperate to come back to the Premier Inn. That's about it from me. Happy New Year everyone and COYY.

Why on earth make up wild speculation then?
Just because you may not agree with team selection ( and we can all have out own views), why on earth suggest that it doesn't reflect well on KR because he may have fallen out with players? Just a little odd.
ALL managers fall put with players. MAPP with Junior Brown ( and a couple more at Cambridge away) a
Plus Liam Seacombe. Ferguson with Keane, Staam, and a fair few more

I don’t think that Sykes’s lack of involvement is wild speculation. KR called him out after the Swindon game and he’s barely featured since.

Forde is more of a puzzler though. I don’t think it’s any falling out as such but I’ve spotted opportunities where he could have been used and hasn’t been.

Hoping for another three points tonight and push up the table above Plymouth.
it wont be easy but looking at both teams recent form it’s very doable.
2-0 to the U’S

COYY

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Henry Hanson McGuane
Clare Taylor Obita

0-1, Clare

Hope that whoever replaces Gorrin has a good game and that we can secure at least a point. I've always thought Plymouth have been a good footballing team over recent years so hope that makes things a bit more open tonight and we turn up and exploit any space available.

COVID seems to be turning football into a bit of a farce, but a good opportunity for 3 points tonight. I think we're a similar kind of team to Plymouth ability wise and the league table suggests so.
1-1

Sykes replaces Brannagan on the bench now, not sure if it was a mistake

I don’t know why Robinson didn’t just sub Taylor off after 60-70 mins last game, bring Agyei on for him then, and so be able to start Taylor tonight!

I don’t think that Sykes’s lack of involvement is wild speculation. KR called him out after the Swindon game and he’s barely featured since.

Forde is more of a puzzler though. I don’t think it’s any falling out as such but I’ve spotted opportunities where he could have been used and hasn’t been.
Absolutely skyes being left out isn't speculation. The speculation is that he fell out with KR who should be keeping everybody happy!
Kinninburgh was suggesting that had he been manager and Sykes did what he did against Swindon, he would have been furious.
He then pointed out that Sykes had done something similar i the previous game.

I understand the reasons for the changes, but less confident with that team now . A draw might just be the best we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom