Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/12/2018 OUFC v Bristol Rovers FC +++

DannyW

Not a lot of enthusiasm again I see but we better have one. Josh's 200th game let's give him a good chuck up.
I'll go for 2-1 to the Yellows, well have to up our game in the stands the brizzie gang will be loud as were Southend. I'll try and up my game guilty as anyone else me.

It's there annual cup final when they play us away.

1-0 Nelson in what could be his last home league game.
I'd like to see
Eastwood
Norman Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho Brannagan Henry
Whyte Bradbury Browne

7800 art

Robinson announces a signing is 'near after the match'

Lots of tickets left probably less than the Boxing Day attendance

James Clarke to head the winner against us in the 92nd minute

Find this comment on there forun amusing

"I recall we were allocated 2500 there in the 12/13 and 13/14 seasons? It seems to be decreasing every year. They’re obviously sick of losing to us every time and the home fans being drowned out on the process."

They only make noise at the start with that awful Irene chant and then if they score. Average fans guarantee Southend fans will have been louder

Last edited:
Find this comment on there forun amusing

"I recall we were allocated 2500 there in the 12/13 and 13/14 seasons? It seems to be decreasing every year. They’re obviously sick of losing to us every time and the home fans being drowned out on the process."

They only make noise at the start with that awful Irene chant and then if they score. Average fans guarantee Southend fans will have been louder
gas tend not to bring a drum with them

tough one to call under 'normal' circumstances.

Early kick off ( plus a few hundred 'additional' tickets sold to gasheads) WILL affect the amount of U's fans going to this one ( I can't get back from working to make a 1pm kick off....3pm I could've made it! ), add to that that lacklustre , uninspiring & poor performance in front of a larger than usual Boxing Day crowd.

A bruising, niggly & bad tempered encounter, as recent games v brizzle rovers have tended to be, a strong and consistent referee is needed ( though it's rare that a L1 official is either strong OR consistent ), with the likelihood of a couple ( or more) red cards being brandished.

Heart says a close fought, hard-won, battling, 2-1 home win (Ruffles celebrating his 200th OUFC appearance with a brace) ..... head says at best a draw

My sons first game tomorrow. Hope for a 2-0 win although this will be tough as they will employ a similar style to Southend and have also won their last 5 games in Oxford.

tough one to call under 'normal' circumstances.

Early kick off ( plus a few hundred 'additional' tickets sold to gasheads) WILL affect the amount of U's fans going to this one ( I can't get back from working to make a 1pm kick off....3pm I could've made it! ), add to that that lacklustre , uninspiring & poor performance in front of a larger than usual Boxing Day crowd.

A bruising, niggly & bad tempered encounter, as recent games v brizzle rovers have tended to be, a strong and consistent referee is needed ( though it's rare that a L1 official is either strong OR consistent ), with the likelihood of a couple ( or more) red cards being brandished.

Heart says a close fought, hard-won, battling, 2-1 home win (Ruffles celebrating his 200th OUFC appearance with a brace) ..... head says at best a draw
Fortunately, KR has highlighted that Cameron Brannigan i sclose to a suspension so they won't be targetting him!!!

Ah it’s going to be a fight today. Lots of nasty stuff...we will have to be wise to it after Southend.

A narrow win 1-0 oxford

Back
Top Bottom