Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Let the game flow, reluctant to give yellow cards (lynch up ending hall was a straight red imo) , let sunderland get away with all sorts, gave corners when they were goal kicks, sunderland keeper fouls mackie yet gets the decision, o,nien wasnt booked for diving (superb tackle by long) imo Martin is just about worth 3 he was consistent ...as in consistantly not very good

Bang average, both teams suffered with some interesting decisions, but the South Stand lino was looking at their players long throw and every time, his foot was on the pitch. Sums it up.

But he did let the game flow I suppose

Bang average, both teams suffered with some interesting decisions, but the South Stand lino was looking at their players long throw and every time, his foot was on the pitch. Sums it up.

But he did let the game flow I suppose
Glad someone else picked up on this, also all corners the SS side were never in the Dee..

I thought, especially in the first half that he was very biased towards Sunderland. But then again, it did look like a pen' from the North Stand...

Glad someone else picked up on this, also all corners the SS side were never in the Dee..
Our management even pointed it out to the Lino and it wasn't even a close accident. That lino had a rather interesting game.

I do think the Ref missed a massive trick not booking Lynch and Leadbitter for fouls. Both were over the limit and deserved a card for persistent offending.

I think Parkinson needs some glasses on the first one

"The referee has to take a long hard look at himself for two penalties tonight.

"There was a clear penalty in the first half when Joel Lynch was pole-axed in the box. - give over it, was a big dive and attempt to con the ref

"The second one - I can't see how it has not been given. Luke O'Nien was just about to pull the trigger and score or attempt to score - there's not a great deal of contact, but it's enough to bring him down and the referee was only 10 yards away.

Really bad. Failed to use the yellow card to curb their multiple fouls and how he didn't send O'nien (whatever) off for simulation after Long tripped him in the area defies belief. Makes up a bit for the one at theirs.

Average. Missed a lot and should have pulled out a card or two. Let down by his assistant on south side, as others have commented. Thought we were going to get a better official given that he does officiate at a higher level normally. Just goes to show how poor they all can be.
Can't help thinking that the whole system needs an overhaul.

Terrible performance. I can't comment on their penalty shout (up the other end), but Robinson thought it was. But he was very reluctant to get his cards out for obvious yellows by players on both sides (and didn't even 'have a word' on most occasions!), missed fouls, got corners/goal kicks wrong and generally had very little control over the game. If that's the standard of Championship refs, we are going to have the same gripes next season ;)

Re the lino bit. As long as part of his foot is touching the line then the throw is fine. You no longer have to have feet behind the line. Just the same as the ball only has to be in contact with a part of the corner quadrant.

He let the game flow, was generally consistent on pushing/pulling etc. Also, wasn't fooled by players throwing themselves down (incidents with the Sunderland no.3 and Fosu come to mind).

I think he set out to not try to caution players but the Sunderland no.3 went past that simply on the number of fouls he committed on Robbie Hall, with at least 1 cynical kick out after being beaten deserving a caution on its own. So overall a 6 for me.

I will add the lino in front of the South Stand seemed to struggle to keep up with play at times especially in the 1st couple of minutes.

Ref got them right. 1st one, not a chance and the 2nd I could see a Ref giving it but I reckon Sam Long got the ball based on his reaction afterwards as it wasn't contrived* and it was instant. Oh and the 2nd one, the Sunderland player also threw himself down.

*I appreciate footballers lie about such things etc but Sam Long's body language tends to give him away from what I've seen when he screws up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom