Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUFCwaffle

Here we go then, League Cup action again. The U's in mighty fine form and the Mackems are coming off the back of a 1-0 loss to shrewsbury. Packed out ground and hopefully a fantastic atmosphere again like vs West Ham. We have a real chance to put ourselves back on the map with this one.

Come on you Yellows!

3-2 battling win to send us into the next round. Henry screamer and Taylor with a brace.

Third game of the season for the boy and I. First two - Blackpool and then Bristol away.....? Feel like an expansive home win. 4-2.

Inevitably it will be 1-1. (Henry)

Oxford win 5-4 on penalties.

We will draw the winner of Crawley v Colchester in the next round.

90 minutes away from a league cup quarterfinal and we're playing with such ease that this should be nailed on, especially on the back of Sunderland losing their last 3 away. But I think it could become a battle with Sunderland playing a dirty game and we will need to match that before getting time to play the football we are capable of.

Even if the scan shows nothing, I'd be surprised if Brannagan plays. Baptiste will be the natural replacement but we may opt to sit Mous in there with Moore and Dickie at the back. However we line up, I would imagine that we will look to have our back 4 and midfield 3 pretty solid to counter Sunderland. We will then look to release Sykes, Fosu and Taylor to tear them apart at pace.

Fosu is becoming our key man. My worry is that he will get kicked to f**k, and that he has a habit of reacting which they might play on. If he keeps his head, and with a decent referee to protect him, he should already be writing his own headlines.

All in all, I think it will be a very hard fought 3-1 win with a very late goal to make it look more comfortable than it was. Goals from Taylor, Dickie and 'goal machine' Sam Long!

It’s hard to predict the team for this one:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
???
Sykes? Baptiste
Hall Taylor Fosu?​

if anything like previous meetings then 1-1, then beat them on penalties.
our recent home form though should see us get another 3-0 at least!!
i won the 2 tickets to this game but feel kind of guilty i’m not paying any money to the club, so got someone else to come so at least it’s another ticket sold

Extremely tough game, with the U's winning by one goal.

It’s hard to predict the team for this one:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
???
Sykes? Baptiste
Hall Taylor Fosu?​
Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Baptiste
Sykes Taylor Fosu

Or possibly, Mous (instead of Baptiste) alongside Gorrin, and Moore in at CB.

I can't see Hall starting.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Baptiste
Sykes Taylor Fosu

Or possibly, Mous (instead of Baptiste) alongside Gorrin, and Moore in at CB.

I can't see Hall starting.

I think KR implied that Moore will start after leaving him out on Saturday.

Hall started against West Ham and seems to be very much in the managers mind, especially for cup games, but we shall see...

According to the OWS the game can be listened to on iFollow if you are in the UK. Overseas customers of iFollow can see the match live as well as the RO commentry. Lucky me :)

It’s also on ESPN America. So I’m sure there is a live stream. For anyone who can’t make it.

So question - do we play a changed side with focus on Saturday or risk players with an already growing injury list? Which is priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom