Away Match Day Thread +++ 29/08/2020 Friendly Brentford v OUFC+++

I was working so couldn't watch the game, but from reading the comments, I get the impression Mous didn't play well?!?

Just goes to show the importance of getting in an experienced CB to help share the load with Mous, although I wouldn't write him off just yet, he's still an important player for us.

From all the footage of him that I've seen, Atkinson looks very assured on the ball, with some nice passes out of defence, and brought the ball out of defence very well at times, and his positioning was very good to get his head on the ball on a number of occasions, and I'm confident he'll be an excellent replacement for Dickie.

Really hope fans are allowed back in stadiums soon, I can't wait!

Really? Did you see Longs performance against Crystal Palace?
I was talking about todays game.

Yes I saw the Palace match, I also saw the QPR game in which Clare played well. Did you?

Swap Cooper for Sykes.

EDIT. Not as he is playing for NI.
No start with Sykes and maybe when Cooper is f International duty play him on the left and Sykes on the right you then have your two fast wingers

I was talking about todays game.

Yes I saw the Palace match, I also saw the QPR game in which Clare played well. Did you?
Yes I did but feel that why what we say Long did against a premier side and if he repeats that against L1 opposition, you can’t discount Long at the moment, Clare still has to get used to playing regular 1st team football and he will get his chance but not ready yet, he didn’t do to well today and ok Fosu maybe a step up to the attackers he faced in the past. I’m not saying Clare is no good he just needs a bit more time to settle at OUFC.

Yes I did but feel that why what we say Long did against a premier side and if he repeats that against L1 opposition, you can’t discount Long at the moment, Clare still has to get used to playing regular 1st team football and he will get his chance but not ready yet, he didn’t do to well today and ok Fosu maybe a step up to the attackers he faced in the past. I’m not saying Clare is no good he just needs a bit more time to settle at OUFC.
As said before, Long had a torrid time today and Clare was better.

As much as Natalie Sawyer was nice eye candy I did feel she was being a bit patronising when she said after we scored our first “ Oxford haven’t read the script “ I know it was tongue in cheek but all the same dear.

Sykes isn't a fast winger.
And from what we've seen so far, Cooper isn't either. Tricky, good with the ball at his feat and looks like an excellent signing - but not particularly quick.

And from what we've seen so far, Cooper isn't either. Tricky, good with the ball at his feat and looks like an excellent signing - but not particularly quick.
Think we’ve only seen him once and a bit definitely need another pacey winger

I thought we tried 3 different systems/mindsets - which I found very interesting. We started off fairly assertive and had a decent amount of the ball. We then dropped off and looked far more passive which I didn't like as Brentford do have quality in there. We didn't concentrate, stay compact or defend well and it was inevitable that they would capitalise. On about 65/70 mins we definitely flicked a switch and there was instant improvement on the back of making changes. We became aggressive, and suddenly looked that bit stronger and faster than Brentford. We were picking up the second balls in midfield and we were moving the ball quickly.

I think for two thirds of the game Brentford looked like a top champ side, but what encouraged me was how we got at them for the last third. In my mind we would have scored again with another 5 mins to play.

What sort of coverage are we going to get on Saturday? Will it be YouTube like qpr with radox commentary and replays? Gold standard compared to today’s

I don’t think I follow had the carabao cup last season. There weren’t any highlights of the West Ham game

Back
Top Bottom