Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/02/20 OUFC V Southend Utd +++

Phewwwwwwwwwww. Thank goodness that’s over.

Actually feel a bit for Southend. They probably deserved something from it. Just like us in 2000-01, they just concede so many late goals. It shows that if you start the season underprepared, it’s such a struggle to catch up.

Phewwwwwwwwwww. Thank goodness that’s over.

Actually feel a bit for Southend. They probably deserved something from it. Just like us in 2000-01, they just concede so many late goals. It shows that if you start the season underprepared, it’s such a struggle to catch up.
I remember the disappointment of those last minute goals against far too well. Shudder.

I remember the disappointment of those last minute goals against far too well. Shudder.

I know. It felt like every week. We’d have three defeats and look like we’d sneak a draw or a win from the fourth game to add some light to the gloom of the season and then when the clock hit 88-89 minutes, we’d let one in.

Boot is on the other foot now thankfully. I said we only needed to score one more than them and we did that today.

We owe Shrewsbury a good performance after they spoiled the home game. Let’s ‘ave them.

Super matty taylor. Southend played better than us which is a bit worrying but what an important win. With rotherham stuttering top 2 is in our reach.

All that after a difficult few days. February has been a magnificent effort from all concerned. Lets all have a bloody good ‘love-in’ from top to bottom - from Tiger all the way through to every supporter - and see where we end up. We can almost touch top spot so if we all forget our differences, leave all negativity at the door I reckon this could still yet be a very special season. We’ve still got secret weapons Woodburn and Kelly in reserve.

Where would we be without super Matty we really need to get him to sign for next season today we were not at the races BUT this time of the season I don’t care we got the three points 5 points off top spot can we do it YES we can ??

What an awful performance
What a great result and with everyone else around us dropping points that’s a huge extra 2 points

thought Agyei was good when he came on, except THAT miss, centre backs both really good, Taylor decent,pretty much everyone else had a nightmare game

not the best today but we got the job done and with other results going our way that was an important win.
Coventry v Sunderland tomorrow would be good if it finished 0-0

Back
Top Bottom