Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/02/20 OUFC V Southend Utd +++

Crowd of around 6,500 maybe a few more, weather in the run in to kick off not helping numbers- its certainly one of the should win games, but as octagenarian Greavesy used to say on his ( Ian St John's Tv programme) about Football, 'its a funny old game'.... as long as the starting 11 dont approach the game with a weve only got to turn up to get the 3pts attitude.... also 2 other factors for tomorrows game are 1) Southend have been (one of very few) our bogey team ") lets not forget their manager Sol Campbell has the self proclaimed best footballing brain in the world, so best not take his abilities lightly ( ;) ), seriously though if he sets Southend , fighting for their L1 life, up in a park the bus type of formation, if the U's dont score early in the game ( and maybe open the floodgates for a decent boost to our goal difference and goals scored), it could be a frustrating match to watch, though in that scenario I'd still back the current KR to score late on

It should be a comfortable 3-0 home win, it could be a late on 1-0 home win

Hopefully the crowd will be a lot better! Tuesday's attendance was a touch disappointing. First Saturday home game for a couple of weeks and the team have been playing well. I'll take any sort of win but surely we've got be looking to win this one comfortably.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Browne Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Sykes

SUBS: Mackie, Agyei, Thorne, Holland, Hanson, Atkinson, Stevens

Big game, can't afford to take Southend lightly, having said that, if we play a strong lineup, play our game and hit them hard, then hopefully we can get a nice lead, so Thorne can get another 30mins under his belt, because as talented as he clearly is, he really needs game time to build his match fitness and sharpness.

Another 3 points tomorrow, and we're really back in business!

COYY

As per my Accrington team prediction, I would be happy to bench Taylor for this one and maybe throw him on for the last 20. I'd be quite interested to see Browne up top again after his performance against Blackpool.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes Brannaghan
Henry Browne Holland

Subs: Stevens, Forde, , Atkinson, Thorne, Taylor, Mackie, Agyei​

Is it just me who thinks the club should have really pushed this one with maybe a cheaper ticket offer? Awful weather, poor opponents and given the events this week a big crowd would really have put things to bed I feel.

We will find out on Saturday why we don`t need a bigger ground.
Unappealing weather.
Unappealing opposition who look like relegation fodder.
Unimaginative ticket offer (take a look at how Whycome are pushing their last home games).
Uncertainty about future ambition.

Crowd 7,956 to witness a 3-0 demolition job pushing us into the play off spots. :D ? ?

If the team and management are motivated, this should be a straightforward game with our recent form in mind. However if they think they can turn up and win, Southampton could prove a tricky opponent, especially if the conditions are tricky. Stranger things have happened, and will continue to do so

If the team and management are motivated, this should be a straightforward game with our recent form in mind. However if they think they can turn up and win, Southampton could prove a tricky opponent, especially if the conditions are tricky. Stranger things have happened, and will continue to do so
Blimey! have we gone up two leagues? ... should be big away following then, decent crowd and decent game too ;)

Typos do get us all eventually @Gary Baldi ;)

The typo is a clear sign of our progression in recent times, in days of yore it would have been Southport.

I’m going for 6-1 we need to get out the tracks early grab an early goal and play like we did vs Wimbledon go for the kill get a few goals and top 6 here we come steam rolling our way up to top two just in time for may the 3rd
COYY

Eastwood
Forde Dickie Moore Ruffels
Sykes Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Browne

Oxford 3-1 Southend

Back
Top Bottom