Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/01/2019 OUFC v Barnsley Match Day Thread +++

Sarge

God like member
As no one else has as yet...my first match day thread (Hope it doesnt make me a Jonah come 9.45pm!)... miserable n cold conditions, game a bit of a lottery in wet n slippery conditions. We can climb 5 places with a home win...Barnsley have the most solid defence in l1 & are the 3rd highest scorers in l1, a win for them takes them from playoff to auto position, both teams want 3pts.... heart says we'll nick a home win, head says with both wanting a win it'll be the first draw at the breeze block this season & 1pt takes us out the relegation zone. .. 1-1 draw Carruthers with our goal, 455 travelling tykes

will be one of the hardest games but hopefully after a rest and with beating Portsmouth still relatively fresh in their minds no reason we can't get the three points. 2-1 with Henry scoring both

I thought Barnsley were the most likely winners of this league from day one.
As with all our games nowadays I travel more in hope than anticipation. Their managers sounds quietly confident we'd better make him a bit quieter. 1-1

Strap yourselves in gentleman, I forecast an absolute shellacking.

We are so inconsistent. But they are a better side than us - so I am packing the blanket, snowshovel and thermos full of coffee into the car more in hope than expectation.

Hope KR’s focus on finding a ST hasn’t distracted him too much from tonight with regards to training etc.

Eastwood
Hanson Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Brannagan Mous Henry
Whyte Mackie Graham

0-0.

Sorry to be negative and correct me if I’m wrong but our midweek evening league form over the last season or two has been absolutely dire, so i also can’t see us winning this one. We are better though than the fist day of the season.

A scrappy point. 1-1 (Mackie)

Game abandoned in the 89th minute with U's 3.0 up ?

Desperately need a win to take advantage of a swift move up the table, but against a good Barnsley side, 0-4.
Ending with a resounding chorus of sacked in the morning.
In his post match notes, written on Sunday , kr is excited to not only have the ref, bare bones squad, lack of player effort, bumpy pitch to blame, tonight he also has the weather conditions.

Has anyone found out how to claim the money back from the Bury game. I have tried to email the club, but have not received a reply, surprise, surprise.

Just arrived - sleety/slushy snow and rain coming down already. Nothing settling but the pitch will be sodden through and horrible to play on. OM’s twitter feed doesn’t look promising...

Feel like the groundspeople have a big job just to get this one complete if heavy snow does arrive. Having said that, and having sat through our utter decimation at Oakwell I think getting the game on tonight - when conditions will be something of a leveller - is probably our best opportunity at getting a result.

Would love us to get something if it does go ahead. After the Wembley loss and the Oakwell mauling I’m getting a bit sick of chippy Tykes fans...

Back
Top Bottom