Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/01/2019 OUFC v Barnsley Match Day Thread +++

Has anyone found out how to claim the money back from the Bury game. I have tried to email the club, but have not received a reply, surprise, surprise.
This was posted on the club website a week ago:

"Fans seeking a refund can do so by emailing our Supporter Liaison Officer Kath Faulkner (kfaulkner@oufc.co.uk) before Friday 5.30pm providing evidence (where possible) that they were at the game (coach tickets, receipts, match programme etc). Once the full list of supporters has been compiled we will arrange the refund."

My first game of 2019 this, really looking forward to just how grim it’s gonna be, freezing rain/snow and an absolute battering, ideal football combination. The misery of nights like I have no doubt tonight will be makes those giddy highs (when they come) so much better.

I was so impressed by them on the first day and I’m sort of looking forward to seeing them again. That number 26 probably still pops up in McMahon’s nightmares.

Out into the wet n cold wastes of Headington now...off to the match....via the 'bird UTM

My much-valued prediction is: Oxford United 4 (Ruffels, Nelson, Dickie and an own goal) Barnsley 0 Att: 6009 with 399 Barnsley fans. If it snows, the pitch will be white. If it doesn't snow, the pitch will be Green. If we score 4, it will the first time since we last scored 4. One thing gauranteed; a dog will run onto the pitch.

Setting off from Northants in next 20 minutes. Any risk to the match being played?

Based on this alone there is something of a risk. As of right this second (I’m at the ground) rain and sleet has eased though. It will be sodden and horrible - but I think settling snow arriving later is the real risk factor (if it happens).

(As of right now - assuming they can clear the puddles and water logging from the pitch then it will be fine. Ugly but fine)

My much-valued prediction is: Oxford United 4 (Ruffels, Nelson, Dickie and an own goal) Barnsley 0 Att: 6009 with 399 Barnsley fans. If it snows, the pitch will be white. If it doesn't snow, the pitch will be Green. If we score 4, it will the first time since we last scored 4. One thing gauranteed; a dog will run onto the pitch.
Husky

I've been told to work from home today and tomorrow because of the weather. Work is round the corner from the stadium, so I think I might get into a bit of trouble if I do the journey this evening that I've been told not to do today and tomorrow! Alternative explanation - I've gone full wuss and it's warm here.

I predict we go two up playing with the gale and sleet behind us, only for it to be postponed before half-time. In the replay in a few months time the weather is glorious, the pitch in perfect condition and Barnsley tonk us 4-0.

Based on this alone there is something of a risk. As of right this second (I’m at the ground) rain and sleet has eased though. It will be sodden and horrible - but I think settling snow arriving later is the real risk factor (if it happens).

(As of right now - assuming they can clear the puddles and water logging from the pitch then it will be fine. Ugly but fine)
No way will it settle.

Chairman’s notes tonight state that they have made mistakes as there have been hidden costs/problems that have taken longer than expected to surface.

Then goes on to say that this is natural for any business but the board have many years of experience and so would expect that to happen.

If you will excuse the pun, it all sounds like a bit of an Oxymoron to me. ?

Surely if you expect the unexpected to happen, then you put contingency funds in place and avoid winding up orders.

That picture from the South Stand really highlights how much the pitch has deteriorated since Xmas.

I’m giving this one a miss, not feeling 100% plus it’s a miserable old evening.

Good luck the mighty yellows ( I think we’ll need it!)

0-0.

I reckon 1-2 sadly. Will be tougher than Pompey! They are in great form at the moment.

i think we will surprise Barnsley tonight and maybe get a Pompey result were normally decent with are backs to the wall

Back
Top Bottom