Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect result. I feared the worst going in, but to have the game wrapped up early and then be able to comfortably control the game was exactly what we needed.

What a week. Up 7 places and third consecutive league clean sheet, doesnt get much better than that. If this team stays healthy, you really do start to think that the sky is the limit. What I enjoyed most today was how many different attacking options we seemed to have. Henry was pulling the strings at some point, then Fosu was running rings round them, then Woodburn, then CB, then Shandon. Some finish from Taylor as well, I reckon that was more difficult that it looked. Could we have won by more if Henry had been slightly less selfish in the first half? Probably, but I don't mind that little streak of selfishness in our goalscorers - it means they take on shots like the volley at Lincoln last week!

Great to have a week off now, time for some feet up after a mad couple of weeks. The club is in such a good place in this moment, let's savour it and keep it going as long as we can!

4th!
Tranmere-Bolton-Lincoln-Gills

Just got back, and thought we were unplayable in the first half. Every time we attacked we looked like scoring. Henry’s goals were brilliant! Taylor took his goal well, and I felt in the second half we just took our foot off the gas, and saw the game out professionally. The only time they looked like scoring was from the Easty error. Other than that I thought they were poor, but perhaps that’s because we were too good.

Only disappointment for me was the crowd, but if we keep doing what we are doing I’m sure fans will come. Great last five games no goals conceded and scoring for fun. Onwards and upwards!

Great game/result, especially first half, shame we didn’t score a goal 2nd half.

Would have been amazing if Henry had got his hat trick in the first half, but scored two great goals.

I think Woodburn looks much better in his new role rather than no.10.

Only disappointment today was Sykes not making the squad.

We're playing some lovely stuff at the moment. I'm really disappointed with the attendance but I suppose people only have so much disposable income and have to choose carefully. We made very little if anything out of the west ham game and then bloody draw Sunderland out of a hat of premiership sides left in it. But of a p++++r that

another great result, well done KR and boys ?
feels like something special is being built. get the stadium situation sorted and the future looks very promising

A good performance against a very poor opponent. The team looked fit, strong and highly motivated and scored some good goals - no real luck about them. Woodburn is starting to really adjust to what L1 is about, and will only get better as time goes on. Henry is in his usual early season form and looks so much fitter this year than last - not that he was unfit. The only downside was the little bit of selfishness that crept.

As for Gillingham. Woeful covers it. Plodding, tactically silly and unmotivated. Steve Evans has really turned into an end of pier act desperately holding onto the last dregs of a career. Steve Evans of 5 years ago would be aghast at how he setup his team today and the players he signed. Not at all sad to see a bully finally run out of punches - they need to bin him off and quickly.

As for the lucky goals comment, sadly out of touch and embarrassing. I assume when they hit the post, he would have asked for the goal not to stand. What a pillock

Since when have we dealt in comfortable, routine victories? The next few games will tell us where we really are as there are some potentially tough ones.

Only disappointment for me was the crowd, but if we keep doing what we are doing I’m sure fans will come. Great last five games no goals conceded and scoring for fun. Onwards and upwards!

Listening to the post-match, it seems a fair few yellows are on their holidays at present, as am I so I've missed the last 3 games too.

Even the local team here, UD Lanzarote, were playing away today.........

I would have settled for a scrappy odd goal win. Amazing that we keep going playing fantastic football ??

11 games last season 6 points, 11 games this year 15 points. That’s definitely an improvement just keep the momentum going!!
I am being pedantic, but our 11th league game last season was Luton at home. They scored their winner in the 97th minute, probably my lowest point of the season. The good news is we had only 5 points after 11 games last season so 10 points better off this season! Some brilliant football in the first half today, followed by a very professional second half performance. What a great week

Not sure what has happened, but we have definitely found our groove. Long may it continue...no issues with any player today...classy against classless. I thought Tranmere were poor but Gills were just dog...devoid of anything. Couldn't even convert when Easty had a brain fart and gave them a free hit.

We have some very good players hitting very good form. Don't want to get carried away, just hope it continues.

We have to be the team people in the league look at and think s**t we don’t want to play them at the moment we’re quite literally destroying teams which is really nice at the moment i believe this season will be special either a decent run in the league cup or we get promoted things are looking good for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom