Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-2 to Oxford. The 2 will be unfortunate but spectacular own goals.

After the excitement of the last couple of games, going for a conservative 3-1. Two for Taylor and one for Brannagan. Their one is a flukey scuff off the post.

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Woodburn
Henry Taylor Fosu

I know that there were loads of great performances midweek, but we also beat Tranmere and Lincoln with this side (except Taylor in for Mackie). Sykes was great, but he and Cadden would be too similar and would leave us vulnerable behind. Baptiste was fantastic but would have been knackered and needs to be used carefully. And although it was good to see Elliott Moore playing with confidence, Mous offers leadership that is much needed in a fairly young side.

Think it'll be another good result, 3-0 Oxford! Goals from Woodburn Taylor and Ruffels.

What better way to surpass Evans’ shithousery than the master himself, Jamie Mackie, hence why I would start him today instead of Taylor, then bring Taylor on.

Additionally, I think Skyes has a bigger engine than Henry and offers more as a wider player, hence why I would start him.

I don’t believe Robinson would go with my line up, but it’s one I would like to see.

What better way to surpass Evans’ shithousery than the master himself, Jamie Mackie, hence why I would start him today instead of Taylor, then bring Taylor on.

Additionally, I think Skyes has a bigger engine than Henry and offers more as a wider player, hence why I would start him.

I don’t believe Robinson would go with my line up, but it’s one I would like to see.

But then you’re asking Mackie to play 70 mins Sat, Weds, Sat... 3 games in 8 days... Can he do that?

Mackie played over an hour on Saturday and Wednesday and will benefit from a bit of a rest. I'm not sure that there will be a huge difference with Taylor who can do his own shithousing! Sykes and Cadden are too similar in my view and will leave us too vulnerable at the back. I think Long/Sykes or Cadden/Henry provide the balance we need.

It’s got a tight 2-1 win written all over it but if we score early it could be a cricket score, if they score first then we are going to have to break down an 11 man defence.
Like others have said, could come back down to earth this weekend and 5 clean sheets on the trot is unheard of. Fancy a red card today tho hopefully for them.

An altruistic act.

So the league's most dirty team plays the least.

Erm..

Edit: With Wycome and Peterborough 2nd and 3rd best behaved?

Has somebody put acid in my coffee?

They're the league's 'savviest' teams. The ones that know how to foul.

Afternoon all. Just arrived at Grenoble Road. The lucky red (It’s a long story) socks make their third appearance. Had to hide them in the garage away from prying eyes and noses. 2-0 (Matty double) COYY

The day after the Lord Mayor's parade - let's hope the party is still going strong. Some hard decisions from KR today, but the right sort of hard decisions! COYFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom