Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have Henry in the team because I wanted Cadden to play in front of Long - no reflection on Henry himself. But when he performs like that you have to play him, no question - and we don't see how players are doing in training, so it's often a bit of a guess! And (as the players and manager keep saying) it is that sort of competition that keeps players on their toes and ups the quality across the team...

Based on last season’s going’s on, the man you speak of can be found in the dugout between 3pm and 4:50pm most Saturday’s. Feel free to wave your todger at him to show your displeasure.

Henry wanted a new contract nearly a year ago but still hasn’t been offered one while numerous others have. Will that change in the weeks and months ahead? You’d have to say his form is very good this season, he’s been the top scorer the last two campaigns and is currently at the front again on six goals.
I would offer him a contract for a year with an option of another year.
When he plays well the team also played well.

Henry wanted a new contract nearly a year ago but still hasn’t been offered one while numerous others have. Will that change in the weeks and months ahead? You’d have to say his form is very good this season, he’s been the top scorer the last two campaigns and is currently at the front again on six goals.
I thought it was said a few weeks ago that the club are in discussion with Henry over a new deal ( and Brannagan- I would be a little surprised if he signed one)

I thought it was said a few weeks ago that the club are in discussion with Henry over a new deal ( and Brannagan- I would be a little surprised if he signed one)

I would hope in Brannagan's case, a contract with a transfer fee release clause would work for both parties.

I didn't have Henry in the team because I wanted Cadden to play in front of Long - no reflection on Henry himself. But when he performs like that you have to play him, no question - and we don't see how players are doing in training, so it's often a bit of a guess! And (as the players and manager keep saying) it is that sort of competition that keeps players on their toes and ups the quality across the team...

Chris Cadden said in his interview on RadOx that KR told him he'd be playing rightback which he himself saw as his position now.

Also, is Cadden sponsored by McDonalds as he kept saying "I'm loving it" in his interview? ?

Have to disagree a little with that.

From memory a number of those passes were as a result of the pressure we put them under to force the error. I may be wrong though.

I’d have to watch it again but I definitely remember a number of them being from players who weren’t especially under pressure. Don’t get me wrong, we closed them down brilliantly but I’d be disappointed if Oxford players had played some of those simple passes straight into touch.

Based on last season’s going’s on, the man you speak of can be found in the dugout between 3pm and 4:50pm most Saturday’s. Feel free to wave your todger at him to show your displeasure.

Load of shite I'm afraid! Henry publically said about contract extensions early last year, when he still had over 18 months on decent money. The club basically told him to focus on his game and contracts would be discussed this season. Henry had a great first half, but his game dropped off in the second half of the season. He had personal issues which makes his performances understandable but he was supported throughout this time and selected most weeks. The idea that Robinson doesn't like him or was trying to get rid of him is just insane.

He has started this season in great form and has been offered a new deal, but he will be 31 in June and we need to make sure that the deal is right for everyone. I would guess that he'll be looking at a decent one year extension or a reduction or pay as you play deal for a 2 year offer.

Time will tell on whether he stays next year, but someone who played 56 times last season and 11 already this season is doing remarkably well considering he didn't make KR's mystical whiteboard!!!

Load of shite I'm afraid! Henry publically said about contract extensions early last year, when he still had over 18 months on decent money. The club basically told him to focus on his game and contracts would be discussed this season. Henry had a great first half, but his game dropped off in the second half of the season. He had personal issues which makes his performances understandable but he was supported throughout this time and selected most weeks. The idea that Robinson doesn't like him or was trying to get rid of him is just insane.

He has started this season in great form and has been offered a new deal, but he will be 31 in June and we need to make sure that the deal is right for everyone. I would guess that he'll be looking at a decent one year extension or a reduction or pay as you play deal for a 2 year offer.

Time will tell on whether he stays next year, but someone who played 56 times last season and 11 already this season is doing remarkably well considering he didn't make KR's mystical whiteboard!!!

KR was definitely looking to offload Henry in summer 2018. 31 or not, hes worth a 2 year deal with an option for a pay as you play 1 year extension.

I see him as a Mousinho type player who we should be supporting through his coaching badges with a view to integrating him into the coaching system. Experienced at top end championship, speaks well, clearly reads the game and comes across as a consummate professional. Yes his performance dipped after his children were unwell but the first half of season/second half of the season before he was our best player in terms of consistency and what he brings to the side. I think we were very lucky to have signed him before Clotet could sh*t on the deal and I'd love to see him here for a couple more seasons if he can keep it up.

KR was definitely looking to offload Henry in summer 2018. 31 or not, hes worth a 2 year deal with an option for a pay as you play 1 year extension.

I see him as a Mousinho type player who we should be supporting through his coaching badges with a view to integrating him into the coaching system. Experienced at top end championship, speaks well, clearly reads the game and comes across as a consummate professional. Yes his performance dipped after his children were unwell but the first half of season/second half of the season before he was our best player in terms of consistency and what he brings to the side. I think we were very lucky to have signed him before Clotet could sh*t on the deal and I'd love to see him here for a couple more seasons if he can keep it up.

And that is exactly why we shouldn't have been rushing into anything a year ago. Henry is playing well at the moment and has an offer on the table. If his performances at the moment are to show what he's worth, then fair play to him.

And Robinson has selected Henry nearly 70 times since last summer so can we move on from the idea that he somehow doesn't rate him?!

Can't remember but wasn't it suggested that KR just doesn't like him, rather than doesn't rate him.

Might be getting whooshed here. But Quest highlights (at least l1 and l2) are shown in League position order.
Probably roughly true, but doesn't explain why we were last but two (or even last but one?).

Probably roughly true, but doesn't explain why we were last but two (or even last but one?).

I think it does - we started about 12th. Without any of the top 9 teams playing each other. Meaning there was only a couple of games where 2 teams below us played each other.

I think it does - we started about 12th. Without any of the top 9 teams playing each other. Meaning there was only a couple of games where 2 teams below us played each other.
Ha ha - when you put it like that (i.e. logically and with slightly more thought ;) ) I guess it does, lol.

That was my first match this season and I was mightily impressed there was not one weak link and barely any mistakes. We could easily have had 6 again. The pressing the movement and the skill are the best Ive seen for years ok only against gillingham but even west ham with their 30 million pound players looked totally outclassed, amazing times! Brannagan is the heartbeat he is absolutely everywhere I hope his contract is not up this summer but everyone else is looking very good as well. Top scouting for a change! Just think west ham fornells cost over 20 million and he wouldnt even be on the bench for us. We need to hold out for seriously big money for quite a few of our players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom