Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/4/2018 OUFC v Rochdale Match Day Thread +++

Oldham

Here it is then chaps, last home game of the season. We need just a point to be safe but with the visitors scrapping for their lives I predict a nervy first 20 mins or so. Rochdale have to score really so there should be plenty of chances for the yellows. Going for a demolition job 3-0.

Learnt during the week that I am going to miss the last 2 matches online as the missus has arranged two out matches round a dinner table.
Oh well I'll survive.

But we will win, 2-0 and safe.
COYY

Why do these keep appearing in the archive?

Regardless, punchy 1-0 win. I'm predicting an early goal for us in the first ten minutes (Thomas) and then a whole lot of fruitless trying at either end of the pitch but goalkeeping heroics stops anything more.

I think it will blood and thunder to start with, both teams looking for the win but if neither get the breakthrough by half time it could become a cagey affair. Both dugouts will have an ear on what’s going on elsewhere so I think if it’s 0-0 going into the last half hour and results at other matches are favourable, both teams will be happy to shut up shop.

On paper this will not be an easy game. Dale have have some very good results. Notable
Beating Peterborough and Shrewsbury and also good draws against Portsmouth and Scunthorpe.
Even so they’re not great away from home and I think we’ve been improving every game we’ll win it 2-0.

I think their away form will cost them. A 2-1 win and poor old Rochdale on their way down

Also expecting a frantic start and a tense affair unless, as I hope, we can take an early lead. I'll take the draw but a win would be good and set the scene nicely for a big victory at Blackburn next week.

They need this a whole lot more than us. They will be scrapping for their lives but 1-1 will be enough for us so that will be the the score.
I have spoken!!!???

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Nelson Ruffels
Brannagan
Ledson Rothwell
Henry
Wes Obika

Not a massive fan of Thomas nor Obika but I think we definitely look most dangerous when it's them two up top. If possible I'd start Hall and put him and Rothwell on the wings.

2-0, Henry + Kane.

Eastwood
Brannagan
Ledson Rothwell
Henry
Wes Obika

Not a massive fan of Thomas nor Obika but I think we definitely look most dangerous when it's them two up top. If possible I'd start Hall and put him and Rothwell on the wings.

2-0, Henry + Kane.

Weirdly I was going to predict this team, that score and those scorers too. Freakish.

Reckon this will be very much like the Oldham game.

Tight and both teams trying to avoid losing. Which works into our hands.

No injuries so I'd line up as strong as possible.

Eastwood
Ledson
Brannagan Rothwell
Henry
Obika Thomas
Bench:Shearer Martin Mousinho Ricardinho Mowatt Hall GVK
1-0 Obika

Attendance 7450
Need to finish season on a high.

Wonder if the club will try what Doncaster did on Tuesday in a forlorn attempt to keep fans off the pitch?

As the final whistle went they turned on the sprinklers at the away end......didn't work, Blackburn fans still invaded :)

As long as safety is ensured tomorrow I don't care what sort of game it is, brilliant or scrappy, but I can then look forward to a trip to Ewood Park with no nerves about the result. :)

Reckon this will be very much like the Oldham game.

Tight and both teams trying to avoid losing. Which works into our hands.

No injuries so I'd line up as strong as possible.

Eastwood
Ledson
Brannagan Rothwell
Henry
Obika Thomas
Bench:Shearer Martin Mousinho Ricardinho Mowatt Hall GVK
1-0 Obika

Attendance 7450
Need to finish season on a high.
I agree mate. Tight low scoring draw. I looking forward to watching Ian Henderson.

Lots and lots of pressure on both sides. More on theirs than ours. Not expecting great football. Would take a draw right now, but wouldn't be totally surprised if we lost. A lot will depend on how Robinson sets out his side.

Back
Top Bottom