Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickening we should of won it by halftime.
But the second half performance was dreadful, defending was schoolboy stuff.
The substitutions didn’t work for us,
All very depressing.

How Forde didn't come on to bolster the midfield Ill never know ....gutted, Easty sorry too many howlers ...Stevens has to get his chance . McGuane ,Kelly , Gorrin outstanding.....Matty how did you not make that 2-0 I'll never know ...f***

Guess he was a genius against Pompey when the subs got us back into the game?
Those were good subs - the problem is he thought ‘oh that worked - I’ll do it again’ rather than thinking about what this game needed.

We were down against Portsmouth, we needed to change the game. Here we were 1-0 up and needed to keep it steady, maybe make one change and see how that goes.

Awful. Swindon are absolutely dire. We well and truly f*cked that right up. Total domination for 55 minutes and then for whatever reason just stopped playing and tried to shut up shop. That's not the way to do it against teams with a leaky defence, you need to go for the jugular.

In all honesty, Swindon's injuries did them a favour and having to make the subs forced them to change the way they played.

All our subs were very poor. I think Kelly look tired so can understand that one but no way would I have taken McGuane off.

I've held off the vilification, but I just can not see what Easty was doing with that 2nd goal. He didn't get within a foot of a ball that no one touched.
He simply had nothing to do all game but he obviously felt he needed to get involved and it was a calamitous decision.

The real problem was that we were second best physically in the second half - heaven knows what KR said at the break.
We gave away free kick after free kick in the second half against a really poor Swindon. We just never passed the ball.
i have no idea what has happened to Ruffels. Sykes came on and was a rabbit caught in the headlights shanking a ball out of play,
missing tackles and lost his man for the first goal. Agyei always seems to be on the deck - not good enough.

First half we were a class above them and should have been out of sight.

Keeping a clean sheet looks too much for us mentally.

Even Robinson won’t play him again.

Eastwood and Shodipo should be nowhere near that team for a while now.

Ruffels, Henry and Sykes need a spell out of the team as well.

Eastwood trending on Twitter.

I know so much flack will be thrown his way however the whole team needs addressing including the management.

We didn't play positively in the second half, we threw too many ineffective subs into the mix at the wrong time and invited pressure for way too long. They had rubbish potshots and offered nothing but we invited so much pressure.

Garbage. I'm furious at the way we lost that.

At this rate fans or no fans it will be a cricket score against us versus Hull.

I can’t help but feel that Sykes has become a bit of a nothing player. He’s not pushed on. Not seen him in a while I admit but he’s just so weak on the ball. Very pretty to watch, possibly our most technical player, but theres rarely real penetration or incisiveness, and nor is there backbone. He’s one of those players who you always anticipate might do something special but it’s normally out on the sideline in a non threatening area.

Agyei had to come on for Taylor once Sykes came on for Henry. The ball just didn’t stick at all. Thought all the subs looked like they’re plated 120 mins in treacle when comparing h their energy levels to Taylor or Long

Talk of Robinson out is very premature but he’ll be heaping pressure on his own job if he doesn’t replace Eastwood and Ruffles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom