Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, but don’t you think the opposite might also be true. With a firm, reliable, vocal leader behind them the two CBs form might be better?
Agree with this, every goalkeeper I ever played with, whether their first game or fiftieth, shouted, encouraged and cajoled those in front of him, whether they were best mates or just met. They can see it all and should be the most vocal player on the pitch.

Agree with this, every goalkeeper I ever played with, whether their first game or fiftieth, shouted, encouraged and cajoled those in front of him, whether they were best mates or just met. They can see it all and should be the most vocal player on the pitch.
Yes! Steve Hardwick was by no means the best ever keeper we've had, but he was the most vocal and I've always felt that was an unsung part of OUFC success in those days.

When that big diagonal came in from the right from the Swindon full-back , Elliott
Moore didn’t jump with the Swindon player which was bizarre.

Did he get a call from Eastwood?

Did you hear the call of “ keeper’s ! “ or maybe I heard it wrong.

Look at Moore , too - he just looks at the Swindon man and doesn’t jump.

Definitely was Eastwood shouting Keeper. Hence why Moore doesn't do anything. Interesting video angle I didn't realise it was that bad watching the game. Not sure why he even went out for it. Stay on your line and let Moore deal with it.

Surely the ball to Moore is a bit far out for the keeper to be claiming it - 20 yards from goal at least!

The cross field ball lands just in between Moore and long for either of them to deal with - that leads to flick on. Atkinson either calls for “Easty” to come for it or it’s Eastwood himself doing the calling.

Either way, that’s a sickening video

Had that been Dickie in Moore or Atkinsons position then that ball isn't getting anywhere near the goal for Eastwood to make such a hash of an attempted save.

Not even trying to replace him will cost us dear this season. Our best hope is to hang on until January and hope we can attract a decent prospect of a CD (because finished articles at our level do not become available mid season without paying big money)....and then hope it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom