Home Match Build Up 28/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good time to play them....a lot of players coming into form and competition for places.

A shame Clare won't be part of the squad, but we've got more than enough class to account for the slowly imploding Pighill (assuming Flora the Swindling tea-lady doesn't have a sniffle and they actually turn up this time, of course).

Sod it - 5-0! (Taylor, Agyei, Gorrin 3 pens)

Eastwood
--
Long Atkinson Moore Ruffels
--
McGuane God-rin Sykes
--
Henry Taylor Obita
--
Stevens Mousinho Shodipo Forde Agyei Cooper Kelly

The Swindon ’keeper Matej Kovar flaps at a corner then walks the ball over his own goal line against Lincoln last night:

Their ‘keeper last week versus Accrington - Joe Fryer - made a huge error early on:

Swindon‘s shape last night was 4-4-1-1

Matej Kovar
Akin Odimayo Mathieu Baudry Thomas Broadbent Dion Donohue
Jordan Stevens Paul Caddis Anthony Grant Joel Grant
Matthew Smith
Hallam Hope

Subs: Jack Payne Robert Hunt Toby Holland Joe Fryer Luke Haines Harry Parsons

How on earth did a player with the talent of Jack Payne get reduced to being a sub at scum??!

Nervous about this of course, we can be very very bad on our day, or pretty good, but i think if Taylor avoids the ban weve got enough. 2 nil Oxford.

got to be a clean sheet soon, why not saturday.
don’t care who scores - just fecking win

How on earth did a player with the talent of Jack Payne get reduced to being a sub at scum??!

Nervous about this of course, we can be very very bad on our day, or pretty good, but i think if Taylor avoids the ban weve got enough. 2 nil Oxford.
Taylor WON’T avoid a ban. But let’s hope it starts after Saturday....

Taylor WON’T avoid a ban. But let’s hope it starts after Saturday....

Would be harsh if true.

I'm sure a number of bookable offences occurred in the melee, including others caught on camera which won't make the public domain.

They're there for the taking! Looks like Taylor will be banned for his nut grab on that odious whinger who plays for Pompey

I agree! 12 nil home win!!!

Let's grab the game by the balls and smash them. We're well overdue a huge win and Saturday is as good a time as any to really find our rhythm.
Not sure this is such a great suggestion, will only encourage Matty T!

Going into the game in the ascendancy is no guarantee of success in it. Remember 2012 when Champions-elect Swindon were looking for something like a 10th or 11th win in a row? 10-men did them over 2-0. Haha.

Neither team has started the season at all well but our last two games have suggested that we are starting to find a formula. Some glaringly obvious fixes have helped that with a proper defence in place and Clare moving up the field but also KR’s tactical flexibility last night too. An unexpected XI, good use of subs and we obtained a bonus point away at a side that should be in the playoffs minimum.

I said at the start of the season that I thought Swindon would struggle this season when various news outlets had predicted them for mid-table. They lost a tonne of goals last year seeing Doyle and Yates depart and perennial thorn-in-our-side Brett Pitman is now out injured for them which is a relief. It makes you wonder where their goals are going to come from.

A win is essential. Desirable is a clean sheet. Be professional, no silly mistakes and we should be able to do it. Not taking anything for granted although there is a palpable sense of pessimism from TheTownEnd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom