Home Match Day Thread 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you saying Taylor was offside, definitely not. Taken from the highlights video...

View attachment 7242
The fullback indicated (this is at 1:01 on the video) is heading back towards his own goal...

View attachment 7243
Now, the moment the ball was played (around 1:02.5), you can see the defender hidden by the OUFC Badge in the corner, playing Taylor onside comfortably. Shocking defending really.
What about the challenge in Holland around the 14th min and 36 seconds or was it 38 my view was a tad obscured looked like a six and not an 8.😊 very well put, the time you have had to do this I love how you’ve been enable to explain this.

i think he summed it up ok....they were better 2nd half and pressing us
It's a game of opinions I suppose, but to me we were the better team in the second half, and had some really good attacks with chances that should have been put away. Accrington had the one off the line but can't recall any other really good chances?

How about Long replacing McNally on Saturday if Thorniley is still unfit and Forde remaining at RB?

What just to accommodate Long ? What a bizarre suggestion. McNally looks ten times the centre back Long is. Long is a right back, McNally is a centre back. Oh and Forde is a right sided forward player, so why you'd want a back four comprising of two out of position players I'm not sure.

Long & Thorniley will come in Saturday for Forde & McNally and rightly so. I’d expect Gorrin to come in but for who will be the big call.

Much better performance last night against a better team than Gillingham as well. Regarding the stats debate from the weekend we had far fewer shots last night but looked infinitely more dangerous, and I thought we were up against a better keeper as well.

I've been underwhelmed by Holland so far so great to see him being more aggressive, not necessarily in terms of throwing himself into tackles etc but always looking to turn and run at his man and keep going when under physical pressure rather than looking for the easy way out with a sideways or backwards pass. His first goal had a little bit of luck with the way the ball fell in the box but he did brilliantly before that and finished nicely, and for his second it's great to see someone else getting in and around the 6 yard box rather than Taylor on his own.

Great performance from Taylor as well who might feel a bit disappointed to only score one with the amount of times the ball went across the box or we had breaks on. Nice to see Sykes score as well, hopefully he can add this to his game regularly as the work he does everywhere else is brilliant, his final ball/decision has been the issue for a while though.

I must say I don't understand the praise for McNally last night, on another day he could have cost us three goals. The fact it was only one (and Stevens and Moore didn't cover themselves in glory there either) blinds people a bit I think, we got away with a few. Hopefully just an off day for him as I've been impressed with him so far.

Must say I enjoyed that one!

However at one point when three consecutive passes had gone awry over by the north stand, I was moved to shout (through my mask)

“FOR GODS SAKE , WAKE UP!”

Nice to know they listened, as from the next pass, Matty went on to score his lovely goal!
Great game to watch, and a great to see Sykes get his well deserved goal at last…

Two other points.

What the hell is Seddon up to when he throws both arms in the air before taking every corner. Is it a signal or a nervous tic?

How many of you are buying ethically sourced coconuts this season?

What just to accommodate Long ? What a bizarre suggestion. McNally looks ten times the centre back Long is. Long is a right back, McNally is a centre back. Oh and Forde is a right sided forward player, so why you'd want a back four comprising of two out of position players I'm not sure.
It
It was just a thought, Dick. Nothing more. A terrific prospect, but I thought McNally looked a little uncertain at times last night. And having seen Long play at centre back on a number of occasions - including his debut at Morecambe - I think it's an option to consider.

Two other points.

What the hell is Seddon up to when he throws both arms in the air before taking every corner. Is it a signal or a nervous tic?

I'm not ITK or anything with our set piece tactics but I believe he's saying "imagine these are the posts lads, try and put the ball between them".

He doesn't have a third arm to represent the crossbar that they should try and keep it under but fortunately we never have a shot so it doesn't matter.

Long & Thorniley will come in Saturday for Forde & McNally and rightly so. I’d expect Gorrin to come in but for who will be the big call.

You're assuming Thorniley will have recovered from his bad tooth infection*.

According to RadOx.

Just like to point out that Sam was brought through from academy to first team as a centre back, I watched him many times. He has been turned into a right back(a very good one)when we needed to much the same as Ruffels was turned into a left back.
He is a very capable centre back cover.
I do think that McNally is going to be a very good player and in some ways prefer him to Thorniley.

Two other points.

I’m not but thinking of getting a quote for a broken window from Bangkok glass lol

Just like to point out that Sam was brought through from academy to first team as a centre back, I watched him many times. He has been turned into a right back(a very good one)when we needed to much the same as Ruffels was turned into a left back.
He is a very capable centre back cover.
I do think that McNally is going to be a very good player and in some ways prefer him to Thorniley.
From what I’ve seen Sam Long is a better right back than he is centre back - in that he’s an excellent right back, and ‘just’ a decent centre back.

Two other points.

It's basically saying to the players attacking in the box "I'm taking it now so start running into whatever position we agreed on".

Posted a question yesterday asking about the number of subs that can be used in the championship as we can only use 3 yet Huddersfield used 4

Posted a question yesterday asking about the number of subs that can be used in the championship as we can only use 3 yet Huddersfield used 4
above L1 level, they make it up as it goes along,don't they? ;)

seriously though, wasn't is something to do with Huddersfields opponents needing a(n additional) concussion substitute, so Huddersfield were allowed an additional sub as well?

Apparently it was linked to a concussion sub for Blackburn.

Google's a wonderful thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom