Home Match Day Thread 27/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Rotherham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned it before and will do again - Tyler Walker. Few minutes for Coventry this season, Gyokeres/Waghorn/Godden all with more minutes. He has a great record in League One and League Two, a decent age and at a club we probably aren't a million miles away from in terms of wages.

Also Luke Bolton. Currently in the Man City U23s after loans in the Championship and Scotland...has played RB and on the wing, typical KR winger. Contract up in the summer IIRC.

Still think we will be going for Cadden - was told it was all done in a previous window so not sure what happened. See if it materialises again. Certainly fits the bill as a left sided winger that can play wing back along with being cross heavy.

A few other left-field names of Georgie Kelly and Kyle Wootton.

Would certainly agree that Walker would be worth a look, did well at Lincoln. I also thought Cadden was guaranteed last summer but suspect that we may look to get him on a free in the summer rather than paying top whack now. If we do get him I could see someone like Cooper going in the other direction until the end of the season to soften the blow for FGR.

Would certainly agree that Walker would be worth a look, did well at Lincoln. I also thought Cadden was guaranteed last summer but suspect that we may look to get him on a free in the summer rather than paying top whack now. If we do get him I could see someone like Cooper going in the other direction until the end of the season to soften the blow for FGR.
I'm not sure you would have to pay "top wack" for Cadden in January. If it's inevitable that he is going to leave in the Summer for free, FGR may want to cash in on January.

If Cadden was so close to signing in the summer then it would be prudent not to keep hold of a player who's head has been turned already.

I'm not sure you would have to pay "top wack" for Cadden in January. If it's inevitable that he is going to leave in the Summer for free, FGR may want to cash in on January.

If Cadden was so close to signing in the summer then it would be prudent not to keep hold of a player who's head has been turned already.
His performances so far this season suggest that his head hasn't been turned, so no reason to believe it will be for the second half. Cadden, with 6 months left on his contract, may attract bids of say £200k max? But that is nothing compared with FGR getting promoted so they will either look for significantly more or gamble on him staying to help them win the league.

I'm not saying that a deal will be impossible, but I think it will be harder to get done than it would have been 5 months ago and we couldn't close it then.

Mentioned it before and will do again - Tyler Walker. Few minutes for Coventry this season, Gyokeres/Waghorn/Godden all with more minutes. He has a great record in League One and League Two, a decent age and at a club we probably aren't a million miles away from in terms of wages.

Also Luke Bolton. Currently in the Man City U23s after loans in the Championship and Scotland...has played RB and on the wing, typical KR winger. Contract up in the summer IIRC.

Still think we will be going for Cadden - was told it was all done in a previous window so not sure what happened. See if it materialises again. Certainly fits the bill as a left sided winger that can play wing back along with being cross heavy.

A few other left-field names of Georgie Kelly and Kyle Wootton.
Tyler Walker seems a good shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom