Home Match Day Thread 27/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Rotherham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to the Defence and keeper today.

The height difference at set pieces plays against us so they’re fighting hard.

On our counter attacks I think we need to play faster and quicker (and Whyte needs to look across the line)

Our work rate is brilliant . Hope we don’t fade second half. It’s keeping us in it

They are dominating the aerial game

When we have had the ball we have either held on to it too long, or done a wayward... Henry in particular has been wasterful

Living dangerously but staying cool. Rotherham are very good. Now, lets hope that the wind helps us in the second half.

When we have had the ball we have either held on to it too long, or done a wayward... Henry in particular has been wasterful
Rotherham are closing us down very fast, no time to get a measured pass in.

Flipping heck this is a difficult watch. All credit to the back line and McNally in particular.
That said, Rotherham will be raging if they don't take all three points today. Could easily be 4-0 to them.
Our front line are holding on to the ball too much and being crowded out, McGuane and Henry in particular. Do we have any other options though? Switch Whyte outside and bring Agyei or Winnall on up front? Bodin? We are seriously lacking a focal point up front in any case.

A tough half under the cosh and luck, luck has kept us to 0-0 but keep ate it boys
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

You can see why Rotherham are top of the league. They are physically strong all over the field, tall, well drilled and seem to have endless speed to get to the ball first.

Out of possession they’re very smart using the wind against us to close us down and force us to kick long knowing we won’t be able to get it far. They won’t hopefully be able to do that second half.

Our lads have battled hard. The Defence are throwing their bodies on the line but the distribution of the two full backs does tend to be a little wanting.

Cambran and Kane look quality and leading from the front ….Henry tends to struggle in this type of game. I’d like to see his understanding with Whyte improve second half releasing it earlier with split passes through the middle. If we go wide we aren’t going to get it in to the middle (so organized are Rotherham) so gamble on a few wasted passes through the middle and see what happens with Whytes pace. The checking back fizzles to nothing.

Lucky to be level but we are half way there with a makeshift team. They’ve had 23 crosses and 10 shots but only one on target (plus post twice)

Looking at the penalty shout I thought it was one first look but replay showed he threw himself down. Good refereeing

McNally was frickin' awesome that half. Rotherham are the same huge, powerful, quality side they always seem to be but he's been immense under the barrage (and Long has been great as well).

Hanson's in trouble (not too surprising, as we know he's not generally good enough at RB, and their left flank is excellent), but we've ridden our luck and maybe we can get moving forwards now with the wind at our backs.

In the middle, Kane has been excellent, Cam has been busy but not at his best, McGuane has been disappointing.

If he doesn't improve in the next 15, I might yank him off, put Henry back in the middle, Whyte out right and get Winnall (or Agyei, if he's not really fit) on up top. Someone needs to give their centre halves a bit more of a physical battle and that ain't going to be Gav.

I just hope we have enough left in the tank for the last 15-20 minutes.

We knew it would be tough.

McGuane has been disappointing.

If he doesn't improve in the next 15, I might yank him off
, put Henry back in the middle, Whyte out right and get Winnall (or Agyei, if he's not really fit) on up top. Someone needs to give their centre halves a bit more of a physical battle and that ain't going to be Gav.
Steady on! 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom