Home Match Day Thread 27/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Rotherham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on the other thread that weve got more points at home this year than any other team ! That is a surprising and impressive statistic. If Cam and Herbie are on it we could win this game as well. Slightly concerned about the goalie situation I am going for a nervy 2-1 win COYY.

I think the result will revolve around their defence. We will probably concede so we need to have a sniff of being able to outscore to have a chance.
I think we're more likely to get a 3-1 win than a 1-0, but I fear the final result willmirror Plymouth

Last edited:
Anything from today in my eyes will be a bonus. We are missing so many players due to isolation, and I think today will be a bit to much. I actually think if we had a best eleven available, then it would be a cracker.

The weather could play a big part today, and it could even work in our favour.

Here’s hoping for a home win, but I think it could be a 1-2 defeat.

REF WATCH:

London based Sam Purkiss takes charge of today’s clash with table toppers Rotherham.
Promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019, Purkiss has refereed 14 matches this season
Issuing 49 yellow cards and three reds.

Previous Oxford United games :

April 13th 2021 - Oxford Utd 4-1 Shrewsbury Town
December 26th 2020 - Oxford Utd 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
February 20th 2020 - Oxford Utd 5-0 AFC Wimbledon
December 29th 2019 - AFC Wimbledon 1-2 Oxford Utd

Esv6MlhXAAIV6aL

The last Millers visit to Oxford saw Rotherham return to South Yorkshire will the points in a 3-1 win.
Chiedozie Ogbene - Republic of Ireland international - is blessed with blistering pace down the flanks.

In Ben Wiles, Oliver Rathbone and Daniel Barlaser they have a top, top midfield ( as do the U’s of course).

2-0 Rotherham, but as long as we give it a good go I'll be more than happy.
COYY

Head says…1-3
Heart says 2-1
Really unfortunate time to play them, especially if we want to go up automatically, but it is, what it is.

REF WATCH:

London based Sam Purkiss takes charge of today’s clash with table toppers Rotherham.
Promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2019, Purkiss has refereed 14 matches this season
Issuing 49 yellow cards and three reds.

Previous Oxford United games :

April 13th 2021 - Oxford Utd 4-1 Shrewsbury Town
December 26th 2020 - Oxford Utd 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
February 20th 2020 - Oxford Utd 5-0 AFC Wimbledon
December 29th 2019 - AFC Wimbledon 1-2 Oxford Utd

Esv6MlhXAAIV6aL
Based on that record it has to be a home win 😁

Heart says 3-2 win on a wet, cold and windy afternoon 🥶🥶. Head says 2-1 defeat.

When I got up, put dressing gown on inside out!
Just got dressed, put t-shirt on back to front!
Everything arse about face today, so I'm now expecting a win!

Sorry I’m going to be a bit of a turn coat. Really can’t see anything except an away win. Did a bet builder to that effect as well. On a positive note I have us down to score. Lol
Hopefully at 17:00 this afternoon you lot will be reminding me of how wrong I am to doubt us today. COYY

Our toughest test of the season, but one that feels like a free hit with so many players out. Rotherham are a very good side and their bouncing between league 1 and the Championship has allowed them to build a very decent squad who are well managed.

But even with players out, we have a side that can compete and will be going into this like a cup tie. We will have to be on the very top of our game defensively, but if Kane and Brannagan can get on top in the midfield, Henry, Bodin, Sykes and Whyte can cause loads of problems upfront.

As I said on the pre-match thread, I'll go with an optimistic 2 nil win. Bodin with a scrappy scuffed opener, and Tyler Goodrham coming off the bench late to score a breakaway stunner!

can’t make the game today I’m in Grimsby, hoping for good news at 3.45 and 5.00

Head says 3-0 them heart says the wind breaks apart of the roof in are cheap stadium and we win the rearranged game 2-1 😉

Our toughest test of the season, but one that feels like a free hit with so many players out. Rotherham are a very good side and their bouncing between league 1 and the Championship has allowed them to build a very decent squad who are well managed.

But even with players out, we have a side that can compete and will be going into this like a cup tie. We will have to be on the very top of our game defensively, but if Kane and Brannagan can get on top in the midfield, Henry, Bodin, Sykes and Whyte can cause loads of problems upfront.

As I said on the pre-match thread, I'll go with an optimistic 2 nil win. Bodin with a scrappy scuffed opener, and Tyler Goodrham coming off the bench late to score a breakaway stunner!
Sykes is out isn’t he? We do have plenty of good attacking players though.

Cant see us not conceding today 🙈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom