Home Match Day Thread +++ 27/11/2018 OUFC vs Rochdale Match Day Thread +++

Given the other matches tonight a point would probably drop us back into the bottom four.

Can’t be there tonight the big has struck me down I will go for a 2-0 win but if Ranger had signed I would have said 5-0 but alas he won’t be playing.

Given the other matches tonight a point would probably drop us back into the bottom four.
Kind of a must win tonight then !.... quietly hopeful (as i am before most U's games....& yep , my heart tends to rule my head before games, often its blind hope thay 'my 'team will triumph) for a hard won 3 pts despite the rain that appears to be here for the duration

Well I think we need the win, we are not going to draw draw ourselves out of the relegation zone with the amount of games left

2-1 undeserved win, with a Mackie brace.

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho Brannagan Henry
Whyte Mackie Holmes

The official site suggested that Holmes isn't fit.
So again we will need to get a lead as we will have little on the bench.
Browne was good on Saturday but Whyte was well below his best. If these two play well we will have a decent chance.

Pretty much the reaction I thought I might get... as I perhaps didnt explain myself as well as I could have - my point is a more general one really, rather than specific to tonight's game
...I want us to win, think we should win, expect us to try to win, hope we will win, this is one of the games that we are more likely/capable of winning etc etc, my point is just that draws (when they happen) should not be undervalued in our position, even against other teams in the bottom half
While wins are obviously preferable, we are not yet in make or break territory, so not losing is also just as crucial. Our rise from bottom to 20th did involve three wins, but equally important were the four draws, without which we would still be joint bottom. They give us some confidence that we are not far off getting it right, maintains momentum and takes points off other clubs around us, puts pressure on other clubs who are losing, so we just need to be patient, rather than going too far down the '27 cup finals' path too early.
Anyway, hopefully we'll edge what is likely to be a tight contest tonight, so that my point is moot - at least for tonight

Very mild and dry up here tonight! Get up here if you were thinking twice due to the weather

3pts please - really don’t care how we get them either.

3-1 Whyte, Henry, Smith

(Hope we don’t have a crazy 5 or 6 minutes again conceding 2/3 goals like Scunthorpe and Bradford)

Last edited:
Strong settled side but bench looks weak
Let’s get at them yellow

Back
Top Bottom