Away Match Day Thread 27-10-2020 L1 Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlton 2 Oxford United 1
Sorry, but that's how I see it tonight. Winnall will score, but we'll get f**K all from tonight. Eastwood will save a penalty. Taylor will have three goals disallowed by VAR. The operator will get the sack for going to the wrong game. A dog will run onto the pitch and bite the female referee's assistant. I can't give much more information, because I'm bored as f**k, with no fans at the game. COYY

Since I moved to the US in 2015, I've only made it back to see one game in person. And that one was it.

I have chosen......wisely.

I’ve made it back for Swindon 2-0, West Ham 4-0 and the two City games. Plus Villa I think but my memory fails me

One of the games most Yellows would love to attend, the 3-2 dramatic win in the last few minutes at The Valley a few seasons back will live long in the memory of the 1200 - 1500 yellows that were there, great scene, limbs everywhere and the noise was rocking the rafters in the away end.
A repeat of that tonight will do nicely, although I hope we don’t leave it as late as we did.
Any result other than a defeat will be an excellent evening.
Charlton Athletic - 2
Oxford United - 2
Att 0,000 including 000 yellows

Who was in charge of Charlton that day, incidentally? ?

(The second half was the finest, most entertaining 45 mins of football I’ve watched live following Oxford. As satisfying as a good 5-0 can me, nothing tops the agony to ecstasy that that Charlton game delivered.)

Well we will not keep a clean sheet, but we will make a load of chances! Same as per the MK game and quite a few others.
It is anybody's guess whether Charlton will use their possession to greater effect than MK did (although you'd think it likely).
I'll go for an optimistic 2-2 draw.

Not going to do a prediction - I'm always wrong. Just be happy if the game is on and we win by more than 3.

Last Tuesday there were signs of James Henry regaining some form, but still a ways to go.
He's been central to our better runs ever since he arrived at the club. In Cam's absence we need JH to step up as, with our defence, our best hope is to outscore Charlton in a slugfest!

No Winnall, Brannagan, Atkinson, and McGuane now out....but at least with Mous in the squad thats two defenders on the bench now....

.....some of us are gonna be hiding behind a cushion watching/listening tonight I think! :ROFLMAO:

I do worry we haven’t recruited very well this window yes we got Taylor and Brannagan signed a new contract, what Elsa? One for the future type players? What about now? I see other clubs are recruiting OOC players Robbo says he will but when? Would like to think us being a Charlton bogey side and we do them but I do fear it won’t be.

They’re the type of team we can beat as they’ll come at us. Feeling confident.
I would be very happy with that. But I don’t think we have the team of even last season , as you would guess . The main problem which is the defence and they are a good team going forward.

Turned radox on and heard KR mention someone out for up to 8 weeks who was that ?

As the final whistle blows there is a mass shaking of heads, The Radio Oxford Phone in is red hot as yellows fans cannot wait to state their disbelief at what they've just witnessed. Jerome is trying to keep calm and Nathan has gone searching for Robbo to get his reaction " Well Karl where do we start, how on earth can you explain that a 6-4 win"

Good evening campers. Just to say I want us to win a 6 goal thriller! So 2-4. 1-5 or 0-6 will do. o_O

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom