Away Match Day Thread 27-10-2020 L1 Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel dammed if i do and dammed if i dont here. When i think we will win, we lose. When my head thought we would lose 2:0 to posh we did. Heart tonight says we win 2:1 head says i cant see us getting anything. Having said all that i'm going to jump on the fence and say its going to be a 1:1 draw. COYY

As seems to be the norm nowadays, let's see how far adrift we are after 30 minutes.

1-1 would be a fine result.

• React
Reactions: QR
Come on, we’ve got no idea have we? I’d take a draw very happily but we could be thrashed or turn out a masterclass in counterattacking football.

It'll be a home banker on a few slips, let's hope it's a wrecker.

Edit: Checked the odds and Charlton are much longer than I expected

Not conceding stupid bloody goals is top of my list for tonight...anything else is a bonus!
1-1 more in hope than expectation

Cant see Agyei making the starting 11. Mcguane in his place. Looking for a 2-0 win as the defence finally get a clean sheet. This will be 2nd win of a great winning run !!
If McGuane does start I want to see him up his game, he did ok against the fakes, but Charlton are by far a much better team.

4 nil defeat tonight. Charlton have recruited well since the new owner came in, and have had a solid start. Two good strikers against our joke of a defence.

Not quite sure why everyone seems terrified of Charlton.

Yes, they're on a decent run the past few games - but they're still only an upper-midtable side, are yet to beat anyone of note and have only scored 7 goals in their 7 games so far.

Their defense is clearly solid, but this has all the hallmarks of a tight game to me that either side could edge.......

Only two games I've not watched on iFollow this season are Accrington and MK Dons, so I'll do everyone a favour and not watch tonight!!

Almost impossible to predict how we'll play with it being so stop start, but I can never see anything other than an Oxford win! 2 nil away win, Taylor and Moore!!!

One of the games most Yellows would love to attend, the 3-2 dramatic win in the last few minutes at The Valley a few seasons back will live long in the memory of the 1200 - 1500 yellows that were there, great scene, limbs everywhere and the noise was rocking the rafters in the away end.
A repeat of that tonight will do nicely, although I hope we don’t leave it as late as we did.
Any result other than a defeat will be an excellent evening.
Charlton Athletic - 2
Oxford United - 2
Att 0,000 including 000 yellows

Just a word of warning. I'm about to purchase my iFollow pass for the Charlton game. I seem to have a knack of paying for my ticket just before the game is called off. Actually, I might wait till 5 minutes before kick-off.

I think we might get beat badly tonight...hope I'm wrong!

COYY

Wish list in order of unlikeliness:
1. No goals conceded
2. No more injuries
3. Oxford goals or worst case 0-0
4. A 92nd minute Oxford screamer to break the deadlock and take all 3 points
5. Nick Harris to remember the players names

One of the games most Yellows would love to attend, the 3-2 dramatic win in the last few minutes at The Valley a few seasons back will live long in the memory of the 1200 - 1500 yellows that were there, great scene, limbs everywhere and the noise was rocking the rafters in the away end.

Since I moved to the US in 2015, I've only made it back to see one game in person. And that one was it.

I have chosen......wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom