Home Match Day Thread +++ 27/10/18 OUFC v Shrewsbury Town Matchday Thread +++

We always, always b*llocks it up in games where we get loads of fans through the gate. Maybe this'll be different, who knows.
I'm going for another 1-1 draw and the grumbling continues.

The more I'm exhorted to enjoy myself the less I seem to do so.

Blackbird runs out of Red Stripe. Half'n Half Headington / Shrewsbury scarves turn out to be just Shrews scarves, massive queue to get into North Stand followed by massive HT queue for a P**s, fights break out at food and drink area over queuing protocol, constant stream of nice people apologising for edging past me throughout match because they're "not used to mixing Red Stripe and Quince Tequila", a 18-plate Jaguar recreational vehicle gets tangled with a Range Rover Equipe at exit to carpark and delays everyone exiting for 1 hour while they swap insurance deatils and photos of holidays in Bali, man gets mud on mustard trousers and sues OCC, Priory falls down, Dave Cudd arrested. That's about all I can bear.

As above, big crowd often gets little to lure them back. However the team shows some metal and pulls a 2-2 draw from the teeth of victory.

The more I'm exhorted to enjoy myself the less I seem to do so.

Blackbird runs out of Red Stripe. Half'n Half Headington / Shrewsbury scarves turn out to be just Shrews scarves, massive queue to get into North Stand followed by massive HT queue for a P**s, fights break out at food and drink area over queuing protocol, constant stream of nice people apologising for edging past me throughout match because they're "not used to mixing Red Stripe and Quince Tequila", a 18-plate Jaguar recreational vehicle gets tangled with a Range Rover Equipe at exit to carpark and delays everyone exiting for 1 hour while they swap insurance deatils and photos of holidays in Bali, man gets mud on mustard trousers and sues OCC, Priory falls down, Dave Cudd arrested. That's about all I can bear.

A normal Saturday then ?

For Dave? I couldn't possibly say.

For me, I seem to enjoy the stuff that surrounds the match: getting the agent from his pit, driving to the Leys, parking the car, cocktails and canapés at the 'Bird, getting into the car, driving home, propping the agent at the bar at the pub, proper beer in the local metrosexual village hostelry, curry, falling asleep, much more than being in the stadium and watching our frustrating footballers.

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Brannagan Mous Henry
Whyte Mackie Browne

2-0, Brannagan + Mackie

Takes time to compose an epic tome, I was a bit worried when I saw the news about someone trying to pinch Magna Carta.......... thought @amershamdave had "gone feral".......... like those sheep & goats the American woman shot!

Everyone on this forum under-rates Shrewsbury, as do the team. Entertaining 2-2. KR claims we were robbed.

Not sure about your first 2 sentences Chelt. But the third is spot-on.

We always, always b*llocks it up in games where we get loads of fans through the gate. Maybe this'll be different, who knows.
I'm going for another 1-1 draw and the grumbling continues.
Really? Swansea, Newcastle spring to mind?

Really? Swansea, Newcastle spring to mind?

Fair enough, I meant the bread and butter league games. Plymouth was one I think on Boxing Day where loads of first timers were immediately turned off OUFC for life. Woking in the Conference with people sleeping off their Christmas meal in the stands while Rufus Brevett trots up and down the byline? We did beat Wycombe and the scum in front of good crowds, mind.

Just seems like every time there is a concerted effort to push a game against an opponent who wouldn't normally fill the ground we end up making a right horlicks out of it...

Fair enough, I meant the bread and butter league games. Plymouth was one I think on Boxing Day where loads of first timers were immediately turned off OUFC for life. Woking in the Conference with people sleeping off their Christmas meal in the stands while Rufus Brevett trots up and down the byline? We did beat Wycombe and the scum in front of good crowds, mind.

Just seems like every time there is a concerted effort to push a game against an opponent who wouldn't normally fill the ground we end up making a right horlicks out of it...
Yeah, thinking about it you probably are right. Woking.....I had forgotten about that.

U's 5 Shrews 2 and 1 red card would kind of fit the bill o_O

in reality, it'll probably be yet another 2-1 score line.... this time out I reckon a 2-1 home win , Up The Manor :)

I also am in a more positive frame of mind and think we will win tomorrow. Hopefully we can get through the game with a minimum amount of cards (Mackie) and no more f******! injuries.

2-0 - Mackie and Browne

Back
Top Bottom