Home Match Day Thread +++ 27/10/18 OUFC v Shrewsbury Town Matchday Thread +++

I get the sense we have developed a very brittle confidence over the last few games. We need a solid win to solidify it a bit and I don’t feel tomorrow will be it. Shrewsbury aren’t good on the road (have yet to win away in the league this year, scored 5 in 6) but can be reasonably tight, so I think will come to stifle the game - which against our misfiring attack will probably work. 0-0 or 1-1.

All the jokes about orange - are these references to the national-newspaper-recognised rip off going on sale at 11 am tomorrow or are the team actually going to be wearing orange tomorrow?

I get the sense we have developed a very brittle confidence over the last few games. We need a solid win to solidify it a bit and I don’t feel tomorrow will be it. Shrewsbury aren’t good on the road (have yet to win away in the league this year, scored 5 in 6) but can be reasonably tight, so I think will come to stifle the game - which against our misfiring attack will probably work. 0-0 or 1-1.

All the jokes about orange - are these references to the national-newspaper-recognised rip off going on sale at 11 am tomorrow or are the team actually going to be wearing orange tomorrow?
Both

It's gonna be weird to watch us play in orange tomorrow, I guess it will feel nostalgic for some of the older members here ?

Feeling optimistic about tomorrow, 3-0 Oxford

I thought yellows1 was going to start this as he has a 100% record. Oh well we probably need a few successful starters! COYY

Good luck to the mighty yellows on this special day. 3 points please to top it off.

Attachments

• 125th anniversay updated.JPG
    125th anniversay updated.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 10
It's gonna be weird to watch us play in orange tomorrow, I guess it will feel nostalgic for some of the older members here ?

Feeling optimistic about tomorrow, 3-0 Oxford

None whatsoever. As far as I can remember we have NEVER played in orange. Old Gold and Navy were the Headington colours.

Was in such a good mood today and have just seen Nile Ranger is training with us.

That will be good PR....

Happy Birthday ladies and gents!! Still looking spritely for 125!

Unfortunately can’t make it up to fair Oxfordshire in time to watch our boys, so shall have to settle watching another orange and black as Brighton host Wolves.

As for today’s result, I reckon one of our own(ish), Mr Joshua Ruffels himself, scores the decisive goal, sending the East Stand into scenes of absolute bedlam and delerium!

Back
Top Bottom