Home Match Day Thread +++ 27/10/18 OUFC v Shrewsbury Town Matchday Thread +++

Been looking forward to this game for ages. Leaving Pompey nice and early to bag a space in the car park. Party atmosphere to begin with all go quiet and a bit flat when Shrews score. We score just after half time then everyone gets nervous as all other results go against us then super Gav with another worldy scores in ( was going to put 125 min but I think that's pushing it a bit ) 91st min to send everyone home ecstatic. COYO

Shrews are struggling to score (they have only scored as many as we have) but have a strong defence. They managed 3 in beating Barnsley on Tuesday so will have gained some confidence from that.
Their fans are ecstatic about Paul Hurst's sacking by Ipswich this week (he did a leaked deal with Ipswich well before the end of last season and they blame him for Shrews failure to win at Wembley).
Could well be a dour 0-0 draw. I'd love us to stuff them but short of a Whyte screamer we just don't have the strike force. Nice that Mackie has woken up and is putting himself about, but he's still a poor substitute for a viable League 1 striker. Hope he proves me wrong but he needs to do some of the football stuff as well as the needle.

We always, always b*llocks it up in games where we get loads of fans through the gate. Maybe this'll be different, who knows.
I'm going for another 1-1 draw and the grumbling continues.

It is the "promotional" games with big crowds that we mess up. The big cup games, local derbies etc we tend to do OK. It is where they promote a standard league game, for whatever reason where it always falls flat.

I remember a glorious evening at the manor beating Shrewsbury 5-0 with 5 headers.

Tomorrow I'll settle for one header, a thunder missile one from Mousinho in the last 15 minutes for a solid 1-0 win.

Attendance 9k plus hopefully which would be a result considering the season we've had.

Gonna be a tough game. Shrewsbury are better than their league position suggests.

I remember a glorious evening at the manor beating Shrewsbury 5-0 with 5 headers.

Tomorrow I'll settle for one header, a thunder missile one from Mousinho in the last 15 minutes for a solid 1-0 win.

Attendance 9k plus hopefully which would be a result considering the season we've had.

I thought it was 6-0?

Shrewsbury play 352. Perfect formation if we play 433. Whyte Mackie and Browne would stretch their backline

Eastwood
Mcmahon Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Brannagan Henry
Whyte Mackie Browne

2-0
Mousinho Brannagan

Keep the ball on the ground a hassle them and don't let them keep the ball.

Back
Top Bottom