Home Match Day Thread +++27/08/2019 League Cup: OUFC V Millwall +++

Shandon is BACK !

EDAhq2dXUAALLgE
Can we just take a second to picture Baptiste collecting from Dickie off the back of a broken down attack, turning out of defence, head up and playing it to Brannagan who then feeds Thorne, cutting inside to Woodburn on the edge of the opposition box and slipping it through to Taylor to make it 1-0...

We currently have, what could be (in my opinion) the BEST midfield we have seen for many years. Considering the mix of potential, experience and pedigree that we have right now, its almost a problem and one I am happy to lose sleep over....

Wheres Agyei!?

Last edited:
What a rush! Still wondering how we got that result. Some ok performances and some forgetable but, end result is a win!
And how sweet to stick two fingers up at that bunch of neanderthals on the other side!

I ended up eating my custard cream - very tasty!
Standout performances?
Who looked off pace?
Who looked like they were ready to step up, if required?

I wasnt there tonight but listened in, live. I have heard/read a mixture of (somewhat consistent) opinions.

Hard to get a critical analysis when the RadOx boys are going off their tits haha.

Standout performances?
Who looked off pace?
Who looked like they were ready to step up, if required?

I wasnt there tonight but listened in, live. I have heard/read a mixture of (somewhat consistent) opinions.

Hard to get a critical analysis when the RadOx boys are going off their tits haha.
Shandon is back - top player in the making.
Elliot Moore - getting better each game
Anthony Forde - improving with each touch
George Thorne - very promising, needs to be fitter.
Rob Hall - looked more like his old self, still a way to go but better.
Kevin Bercoe - could be the real deal, looks promising
Ben Woodburn - industrious and won the penalty
James Henry - hard worker and scored the penalty to draw level

Some question marks over:
Sam Long - some very good, some poor. No disputing his wish to be an OUFC player though.
Jamie Hanson - So frustrating, can be good but not tonight
John Moushino - wrong position. Deliberates on his passes for too long.

I'm sure someone will mention the others!

What looked for nearly the entire game like a timid cup exit to a decent championship outfit eventually turned into a rollicking night of fun; what with the teenage invasion, the Mous anthem and the life support system being switched on in SSU.

Have to say that Robinson deserves credit for his subs with Henry being particularly motivated against his ex employers.

Hall showed definite signs of improvement tonight but the biggest plus was Baptistel; obviously game rusty but strong, quick and technical.

Thorne looks some passer of the ball despite his pretty limited mobility. Thought Millwall’s goals were both high quality and Long was excellent apart from one near calamitous backpass.

Our penalties were top drawer too.

wow so happy and I didnt listen at all after their second goal its spooky but it often seems to work!! I think we were owed that after blackpool....

Back, unpacked and yessssss!!

Can't believe we sign a striker and now he's out for 4-8 weeks. Typical!

What looked for nearly the entire game like a timid cup exit to a decent championship outfit eventually turned into a rollicking night of fun; what with the teenage invasion, the Mous anthem and the life support system being switched on in SSU.

Have to say that Robinson deserves credit for his subs with Henry being particularly motivated against his ex employers.

Hall showed definite signs of improvement tonight but the biggest plus was Baptistel; obviously game rusty but strong, quick and technical.

Thorne looks some passer of the ball despite his pretty limited mobility. Thought Millwall’s goals were both high quality and Long was excellent apart from one near calamitous backpass.

Our penalties were top drawer too.
Teenage invasion?

Aw what a shame. They could of had 4,6 or even 8 well they got 2 and were winning with 4 minutes to go and BOOM end of game and out they went. Muppet is talking out of his a**e, but suppose he had to say that because the wall fans are clamouring for him to be sacked.

Shame really as he’s Millwall through and through. Seems to have lost his way. Oh well...

Shandon is back - top player in the making.
Elliot Moore - getting better each game
Anthony Forde - improving with each touch
George Thorne - very promising, needs to be fitter.
Rob Hall - looked more like his old self, still a way to go but better.
Kevin Bercoe - could be the real deal, looks promising
Ben Woodburn - industrious and won the penalty
James Henry - hard worker and scored the penalty to draw level

Some question marks over:
Sam Long - some very good, some poor. No disputing his wish to be an OUFC player though.
Jamie Hanson - So frustrating, can be good but not tonight
John Moushino - wrong position. Deliberates on his passes for too long.

I'm sure someone will mention the others!

Bercoe was extremely poor last night. He was so switched off it’s unbelievable.

Aw what a shame. They could of had 4,6 or even 8 well they got 2 and were winning with 4 minutes to go and BOOM end of game and out they went. Muppet is talking out of his a**e, but suppose he had to say that because the wall fans are clamouring for him to be sacked.

Not sure what you’re saying? Millwall should have won that game easily. Harris’ error was taking Elliott off too early as it allowed our centre backs to push further forward as our main concern had left the field of play.

Bercoe (sic) looked pretty good with the ball and started well. He’s got a bit of pace too.

However he expectedly tired and physically he struggled against a good side in the second half.

Berkoe though will be pleased overall and his confidence will have been boosted I would think.

Certainly nowhere near the worst debut i’ve Seen and there’s plenty to work with.

Back
Top Bottom