Home Match Day Thread +++27/08/2019 League Cup: OUFC V Millwall +++

This fella sounds like he has Tourette’s

Tonight is a complete and utter f*****g disgrace to rank alongside actually even worse than Brighton. To be 2 up against a cunting league 1 side on 87 mins and go out is a cunting disgrace. No f*****g excuse no bad luck just a f*****g shambles and we've cunting seen the same shambles time and again. Someone needs to f*****g pay for this as its out of order. We approach every game the same way no matter what the situation of opposition it's a total joke f**k off
Thats what you get for being long ball s**t then.How the f**k are Millwall a championship side.

Not sure it was a wow apart from the score, it just seemed to happen rather than through sustained pressure/great play or that we were having bad luck etc and never really looked like happening, but obviously happy with the outcome!

Very much agree with this. Once we've all calmed down a bit, in the cold light of day that was a bit of a sobering performance. Some neat link up play and passing, and generally good defending, but we were outplayed for much of the game and should have been buried. That we were allowed to get back into it is I think as much to do with Harris' subs as Robinson's. NH seemed to decide to sit off and see out the game, which allowed us a bit more space up the pitch, which led to the pressure which led to the two goals. We were otherwise kept very much at arm's length imo.

I thought Berkoe looked very promising. Found wanting positionally a couple of times, not least for their first goal, but looks to be quick and have good distribution. Thorne, too, as others have mentioned, played the QB role very well, fizzing passes into forward players' feet well. I found players seemed to make more confident and adventurous runs when he had the ball too, recognising his passing ability, which is promising. If we can get him fit and playing consistently he could knit us together brilliantly. I'd also like to put a word in for Sam Long, who I haven't seen mentioned yet. Another of the sort of performances we came to expect and applaud at the end of last season. Full of running, defensively pretty sound and frequently provided an option going forward. Big fan of his.

Great result. A brilliant night - one of those rare footballing occasions where 'It couldn't, could it?' happens to your team. Would love to get a plumb tie in the next round. Failing that, I note Crawley and Colchester are through to the next round - one of them at home please!

I thought we did well to draw level, glad Sykes scored! Hopefully it gets him back in favour? Moore was very good, only header he lost was the one that led to their first goal, Easty was immense again. Into the next round. COYY

If this detracts from what was, in the end, a perfect response to 2 out of character performances by the yelluz then I apologise (im also sorry - not really sorry - for the inevitable 'player name' pun spree that might come from this).

However, when embarking on the usual Twatter mooch for post-game commentary, I found this beauty so thought id share. Gave me a big giggle...

I really do love our fan base at times ?

C A M E R O O N B R A D D I G A N

20190827_232740.jpg

Shandon is BACK !

EDAhq2dXUAALLgE

What a rush! Still wondering how we got that result. Some ok performances and some forgetable but, end result is a win!
And how sweet to stick two fingers up at that bunch of neanderthals on the other side!

I ended up eating my custard cream - very tasty!

Back
Top Bottom