Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orkney Islands Yellow

We haven't scored in the last three games. We've never scored at Stadium MK, forgive me for not being optimistic.

I'd love to beat this odious franchise, makes be angry how many of their shirts you see round north Oxon these days. This is our patch!

We haven't scored in the last three games. We've never scored at Stadium MK, forgive me for not being optimistic.

I'd love to beat this odious franchise, makes be angry how many of their shirts you see round north Oxon these days. This is our patch!
Amazed to hear you see their shirts.
4-3 to Oxford

One of the few stadiums where there will be more atmosphere sat in front of my PC than if I were there! Dreadful experience, and we aren't that good when we play there either, which doesn't help.

Stevens

Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels

Kelly Gorrin Brannagan

Henry Taylor Shodipo

Eastwood, Grayson, Forde, Sykes, Lee, Barker, Winnall

I think tomorrow will be an entertaining game to watch. Plenty of open attacking football from both sides which will suit us. Hopefully mk still like to mess around with the ball in their own box and we can take full advantage again. I was really impressed with Cameron Jeromes movement in the home game against them. Going for a 4 2 win with Taylor getting a couple of poachers goals to get his confidence up again. Long and brannagan with a screamer the others. Grigg is bound to score against us with Jerome getting the other.

stating the obvious, an away win is wanted and needed to get momentum back on track to challenge for a play off place

reckon the mighty U's will triumph, winning by the odd goal, I fancy 1-2

They look in concerningly good form. 4 wins in their last 6, including a win at Hull a couple of weeks ago and a creditable draw at home to Sunderland, seems to indicate that they're a team on the up, though they did lose on Tuesday at Shrewsbury. I think our team three weeks ago wins this comfortably but it seems we've been rocked a bit by recent performances and results. Central midfield has become a big issue. Without the physicality of MacGuane we struggle to control the game or construct attacks, and I fear that the tactics used by Pompey on Tuesday will have given a clear blueprint to any opponent going forward as to how to nullify us.

I don't think this is the game to try it, but I've been wondering whether Hanson might be the man to solve that midfield conundrum. He might not be as good on the ball as a Henry or a Forde, but I think he's the most physical of our remaining central midfielders, and we need that bit of bite in the engine room at the moment I think. Having Lee or Henry in alongside an out-of-sorts Brannagan just doesn't give us that tenacity in the middle.

Lose this by two or more goals and MK would actually go above us (having played two games more, admittedly). I think this is a really important game. Matches against midtable and bottom half teams were our bread and butter during our good run of the last few months, and to stand any chance of making the playoffs we need to prove (to ourselves, as much as anything) that we can still see off those teams when we need to. We are in a bad rut, but KR sides go through ruts and come out the other side firing on all cylinders. Let's hope that starts tomorrow.

2-0 Oxford - Lee, Taylor

Beautiful knee slide celebration. Really gave the people in the stands a kick in the pods. 8/10.
KR will play him just for the psychological effect (he'll think that, the rest of us will just hang our heads in disbelief)

We're in a rut, not passing the ball well, no shape, or creativity, and no goals, so I'd like to see some changes, to try to nip it in the bud, before it becomes a crisis.

Although I don't expect this, it's what I'd like to see:

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Lee
Henry Taylor

SUBS: Agyei, Shodipo, Barker, Sykes, Forde, Grayson, Eastwood

Sykes has played a lot of football since coming back into the side, and looked tired on Tuesday, so could do with a rest.

I'd like to see more of Lee, he looks a very useful player, so I'd bring him in, in place of Sykes.

Henry isn't playing well enough to play in a 433, but I'd like to see him play more centrally as a deep lying striker, linking midfield and attack, whilst also getting closer to Taylor, to provide assists and get scoring again himself.

We're gonna really miss Mcguane, but to be fair to Kelly, for all his faults, he was part of a midfield three, with Mcguane, that saw us go on such a fantastic run, and within touching distance of the playoffs, and our passing in midfield has become non existent since the two of them have been missing, so I'd give him another chance.

For all their attacking ability, Shodipo and Barker don't really have any interest in tracking back and defending, so are a bit of a liability from the start, but have both looked more effective when introduced in the 2nd half of games, against a tiring defence, so get our passing game going, tire MK out, get a foothold in the game, and then put them on in the 2nd half, against a tiring defence, switch to a 433, and stretch them.

But Robbo will blatantly stick to a 433, so in that case, I'd go with:

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Lee Taylor Barker

SUBS: Agyei, Shodipo, Henry, Sykes, Forde, Grayson, Eastwood

Whatever setup Robbo chooses, this is a MUST WIN game.

COYY

Last edited:
We're in a rut, not passing the ball well, no shape, or creativity, and no goals, so I'd like to see some changes, to try to nip it in the bud, before it becomes a crisis.

Although I don't expect this, it's what I'd like to see:

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Lee
Henry Taylor

SUBS: Agyei, Shodipo, Barker, Sykes, Forde, Grayson, Stevens

Sykes has played a lot of football since coming back into the side, and looked tired on Tuesday, so could do with a rest.

I'd like to see more of Lee, he looks a very useful player, so I'd bring him in, in place of Sykes.

Henry isn't playing well enough to play in a 433, but I'd like to see him play more centrally as a deep lying striker, linking midfield and attack, whilst also getting closer to Taylor, to provide assists and get scoring again himself.

We're gonna really miss Mcguane, but to be fair to Kelly, for all his faults, he was part of a midfield three, with Mcguane, that saw us go on such a fantastic run, and within touching distance of the playoffs, and our passing in midfield has become non existent since the two of them have been missing, so I'd give him another chance.

For all their attacking ability, Shodipo and Barker don't really have any interest in tracking back and defending, so are a bit of a liability from the start, but have both looked more effective when introduced in the 2nd half of games, against a tiring defence, so get our passing game going, tire MK out, get a foothold in the game, and then put them on in the 2nd half, against a tiring defence, switch to a 433, and stretch them.

But Robbo will blatantly stick to a 433, so in that case, I'd go with:

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Lee Taylor Barker

SUBS: Agyei, Shodipo, Henry, Sykes, Forde, Grayson, Stevens

Whatever setup Robbo chooses, this is a MUST WIN game.

COYY

STEVENS signs new contract and you want him between the sticks and on the bench - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom