Home Match Day Thread +++ 26/12/2019 OUFC V Lincoln City +++

Can’t say we’ve been good but a moment of quality separates the sides.

Lincoln play well as MApp sides do. They press high and cause a bother. We’ve had to play a lot with the ball in front of our defence and midfield. The difference is that they haven’t much of a meaningful attack out of it whereas we have on the counter.

Henry hasn’t been great and I think we need him to tick to improve in the second half.

Agreed. He might not be on top form, but I'd rather him than Sykes in this sort of match. We need someone with a level head and good footballing brain to unlock things in the final third.

They started brightly, pressing us high up but we have slowly pushed them into their own half.
A special goal from Shandon Baptiste. We look dangerous and kicking into the Jim Smith second half - all to play for!

Having follwed Mrs Loungers advice to stay home and ruin her Boxing day, I'm now on the couch, cup of tea and had turkey sarnies and a pickled onion. iFollow is working, not exactly HD quality but able to enjoy the game.

Got tickets for Wimbledon next so this bloody chest cold/man flu better b****r off before then!

Fosu is doing some great work in the middle of the park. Shame he's not getting the ball in dangerous areas like he was a couple of months ago.

Akinde on for Lincoln as they go to a 4-4-2. I'm expecting more directness from Lincoln, but bigger spaces for us in the middle of the park.

Sykes on for Henry. Probably for the best. I'd rather have Henry fresh for Wombles than have him hobble off at the end of the match.

Back
Top Bottom