Home Match Day Thread +++ 26/12/2019 OUFC V Lincoln City +++

Sarge

God like member
Looking like another 10k plus crowd ....closer game than earlier this season at thier place... a close run 2-1 win , Taylor and Fosu share the spoils

top man Appleton and i hope he does well at Lincoln, but KRs our man now and i hope we stuff them again.
as long as the players are sensible today then can only be another 3 points, and if results go our way we could get up to joint 2nd!!

Archer
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Baptiste Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Fosu

2-0, Taylor + Baptiste

Yeah I think that’s probably the best team, give Henry a rest as he’s only just come back from injury and played 90 mins.

I’d like to see Agyei get another runout soon though

I would play Mous and Henry and have Mackie, Moore and Sykes play v Wimbledon

The referee is Will Finnie from Bedfordshire. Conference last year, promoted to EFL this season. So far only done three League 1 games, in which he showed 14 yellows and 1 red. He was in charge of our home game v Pompey in the lease.com cup.

The referee is Will Finnie from Bedfordshire. Conference last year, promoted to EFL this season. So far only done three League 1 games, in which he showed 14 yellows and 1 red. He was in charge of our home game v Pompey in the lease.com cup.
Will Finnie aka mr confetti :rolleyes:

This won't be an easy game, but I don't see why some people are implying it will be as close as the wycombe game. They are still in the lower half of the table, with Mapp seemingly waiting for the transfer window to change things. He hasn't had the big impact they had been hoping for, but obviously it's early days.

Strangely confident for this one Im going for 3-1

I’m not overly confident about this one, but not sure why.

Properly got something to do with Appleton and comments he made about our style of football e.g. playing it from the back. When teams press us high we seem to struggle, so I guess if he sets his team to do this then I hope we have a plan b. Also, they’ll want revenge of the 6-0 drubbing at their place.

Just hope I’m wrong.

Lost count of the number of Boxing Day let downs we’ve had in our recent history. Narrow win for us, they will be hell bent on revenge of some sort but can’t see them out footballing us. Could be scrappy, 1 or 2 nil to us.

Early weather (in OX3) rain, blustery n a tad nippy too....rain forecast to have blown over by 2pm, though im not entirely convinced it will have.....hoping for a decnt game and an emphatic U's win.. would take a scrappy last min 0-1 right now

I’m not overly confident about this one, but not sure why.

Properly got something to do with Appleton and comments he made about our style of football e.g. playing it from the back. When teams press us high we seem to struggle, so I guess if he sets his team to do this then I hope we have a plan b. Also, they’ll want revenge of the 6-0 drubbing at their place.

Just hope I’m wrong.

I'd be worried if, having struggled against pressing teams earlier this season, Karl and the team haven't tried to work out a plan for how to counter teams that set up to play that style. He already showed in the BT Sport doc that he has a system for teams who play the low block and camp in their own area.

The thing is, and I'm not sure how Lincoln are generally set up to play, but teams that are naturally pressing will do well against us. If it's not in their general gameplan, then trying to press us for even 45 minutes straight will be absolutely exhausting. We have enough nous and ability now to do survive that tactic, if we're sensible.

Last edited:
Anyone know what time ticket office is open for Wimbledon ticket collections?

Back
Top Bottom