Home Match Build Up 26/10/2021 PJ Trophy: OUFC v Tottenham Hotspur U21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Tomorrow we bow out of the Pizzi Trophy. Shall we win? Or maybe give the entire U18s a run-out for the excercise? We will see.
Certainly a number of the first team will be rested. Who? Place your guesses below/

KR suggested that the front 3 would be Williams, Agyei, Bodin
Eastwood will start then Forde, Mouus McNally and Seddon(?)
Midfield Gorrin, McGuane, ANO ?

Long at left back? We’ll need him to get used to the idea for when Seddon is injured/suspended as there’s nobody else. Otherwise, pretty much as above.
But difficult to care really.

Given eastwood needs to step up for at least one more league game and i couldn't care less about this one, I'd let a youth goalie play

• React
Reactions: ljs
Yes, I wouldn't play Eastwood given Stevens' illness.

Kie Plumley is in the first team squad and is an Eastwood injury away from playing in the first team, so I think he ought to be in goal for real (sort of!) match practice.

If we win 3-0 against spuds and Cambridge beat Stevenage then we will somehow go through. But I would put out the weakest side possible and concentrate on Saturdays game.

Yes, I wouldn't play Eastwood given Stevens' illness.

Kie Plumley is in the first team squad and is an Eastwood injury away from playing in the first team, so I think he ought to be in goal for real (sort of!) match practice.
I think that if Eastwood was injured then we would get in an emergency loan keeper.
If Eastwood is sent off or injured during a game then Plumley would have to play but that is pretty unlikely.
According to KR Eastwood will play as he has not played a lot this season

If we win 3-0 against spuds and Cambridge beat Stevenage then we will somehow go through. But I would put out the weakest side possible and concentrate on Saturdays game.
Weakest side possible or more beneficial to give players close to the first 11 a runout?

Forde, McNally, McGuane, Williams, Bodin, Agyei...

Weakest side possible or more beneficial to give players close to the first 11 a runout?

Forde, McNally, McGuane, Williams, Bodin, Agyei...

It will have to be them as this competition states you can't just put the youth team out.

Eastwood needs the match practice, especially if he wants to retain the starting spot for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
Eastwood

Forde McNally Mousinho Hanson

Gorrin McGuane

Williams Bodin Cooper

Agyei

Subs:
Winnall + youth team

Eastwood needs the match practice, especially if he wants to retain the starting spot for the rest if the season.
I agree but that he needs game time but playing him in this makes me a little nervous with Stevens injured.

I agree but that he needs game time but playing him in this makes me a little nervous with Stevens injured.

I thought Stevens had a fever rather then being injured. Is Stevens definitely a no for Saturday aswell?

I thought Stevens had a fever rather then being injured. Is Stevens definitely a no for Saturday aswell?
Glandular fever so it's difficult to know, but would be surprised if he's back before Rovers in the FA Cup, or even Ipswich the following week.

Yeah sorry. I meant unwell, not injured. Rad Ox said he'll be unavailable for a couple of weeks at least.

According to the NHS website:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long glandular fever lasts​

You should feel better within 2 to 3 weeks. Some people might feel extremely tired for months.

Try to gradually increase your activity when your energy starts to come back.

Glandular fever can cause your spleen to swell. For the first month, avoid heavy lifting and sports or activities that might increase your risk of falling, as this may damage your spleen.

Eastwood needs the match practice, especially if he wants to retain the starting spot for the rest of the season.
given the results in the two other group matches in the PJT , Id be tempted to give Kie Plumley the keepers gloves, he's back up keeper for league & FA cup (round 1 at least) games while Jack is recovering from glandular fever, so it wouldn't hurt to give him a bit of match time/ practice, beneficial Idve thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom